Full-Stack Software Engineer - New Ventures Technology
- 3+ years of experience in Full-Stack Development
- Experience with SQL and No-SQL databases
- 1+ years of experience with DevOps practices and tool sets with a preferred focus on automation of provisioning, quality controls, securityauditing and maintenance
- Experience with AWS cloud offerings; Kubernetes and Helm is a strong plus
- Knowledge of the Agile software development process
- Experience developing consumer quality products and REST APIs is strongly preferred
Who You'll Work With
You’ll work in Chicago with our TechOps teams, which is part of McKinsey’s New Ventures.
McKinsey New Ventures fosters innovation driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile and social by developing new products/services and integrating them into our client work. It is helping to shift our model toward asset-based consulting and is a foundation for –and expands our investment in –our entrepreneurial culture. Through innovative software as a service solutions, strategic acquisitions, and a vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
As one of the fastest-growing parts of our firm, New Ventures has more than 1,500 dedicated professionals (including more than 800 analysts and data scientists) and we’re hiring more mathematicians, data scientists, designers, software engineers, product managers, client development managers and general managers.
What You'll Do
You'll combine agile approaches with expertise in cloud, big data and mobile to create and maintain custom solutions that help clients increase productivity and make timely decisions.
You’ll work in small teams consisting of product managers, developers and operations people in a highly collaborative way, using the latest technologies and seeing the direct impact from your work.
This will include - among other projects - the development and implementation of IT systems and processessupporting SaaS applications, automation of provisioning, quality controls, securityauditing and maintenance, reporting and follow-up on server metrics, optimization of resources, and continuous improvement of efficiency of operational activities.