Almost every part of our daily life is now digital, from hailing a cab to paying a bill. But our medicines have not caught up. They’re still stuck in an analog era. Propeller Health is changing that. Our mission is to improve people’s health by connecting the world’s medicines. Our growing team enjoys working together to create and apply technology to challenging problems that have enormous social costs.
We empower people with chronic diseases to lead their lives without limits; you’ll create software that conquers chronic diseases, and learn something new every day as you pioneer new digital health solutions.
Consider Joining Us If You Are
- Eager to work at a fast-paced startup company on a 5 to 7 person, self-governed, cross-functional team
- Looking to learn from some of the best engineers in the Madison area
- Passionate about eliminating waste, and getting stuff done
- Not afraid to experiment and fail. Failure is an opportunity to learn, and is embraced as a core tenet of Propeller.
- Naturally curious, and believe in lifelong personal growth
- A believer that technology can help solve hard problems and change the world
- Aware that technology, by itself, does not delight customers; the sweet spot is when we combine technology with practical solutions, surprises, utility, and social interaction
What We’re Looking For
- 2+ years experience programming in an object-oriented language
- A firm understanding of web application development and agile development practices
- Passion; you enjoy solving complex problems and doing good for our patients and providers
- Natural curiosity, and a genuine desire to learn
- A good listener who respects their colleagues, but who isn’t afraid to assert themselves
- An owner. You pick work up off the floor, solve hard problems, and believe in asking for forgiveness, not permission
- Fearlessness, and a comfort with uncertainty. You have an acumen for turning complex problems into actionable plans
- Knowledge of NoSQL Databases like MongoDB
- Understanding of AWS or similar cloud provider services
- Experience integrating third-party services, using SDKs and APIs
- Experience with Test-Driven Development, and an understanding of unit testing, peer review, quality processes and rapid cycle development