Are you an innovative leader looking for a new technical challenge? Do you want to have exposure to the newest and greatest big datatechnologies? If your answer is “Yes!” Transamerica wants you! We are looking to add an innovative technical leader to our team that provide solutions to our Actuarial Business Areas. You will be passionate about developing IT solutions to achieve technical and business needs that reach across a diverse tech stack including; purchased applications, data solutions, and hardware. So what do you get out If you are already a technical leader and love driving the success and advancement of a team, you may have the opportunity to be responsible for leading a small group of direct reports.
- Identify new and current technologies that could benefit our organization for a known or unknown use case.
- Lead and develop on various IT projects related to: software adoption, integration, extension, upgrades, migration, and support; data storage, ETL/ELT, modeling, and exposure.
- Interact with internal customers in a way that fosters trust and collaboration.
- Be able to design multi-application solutions.
- Willing to be a subject matter expert for specific areas, applications or technologies.
- Create test strategies for cross application solutions.
- Develops specifications and technical design for complex projects.
- Models business processes and data.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or technically related field required.
- 5-10 years of related work experience.
- Strong Object Oriented and ScriptingExperience: Java, Python, Scala, R etc.
- Strong Integration Experience: SOAP/REST, Camel, etc.
- Spring Experience (Spring Boot, Spring Batch), etc.
- Master’s or Phd in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field.
- Strong Data EngineeringExperience: SQL, Oracle, Hadoop, Spark, Hive, SOLR, etc.
- Strong ETL Experience: SSIS, Informatica, etc.
- Experience with Apache: Active MQ. Kafka, SOLR, etc.
- Experience with in memory computing.
Behavioral and Leadership Competencies
- Lead team members to perform at their best and advance in their career.
- Ability to resolve complex problems and errors that occur for processes and applications in a division.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Must be a team player.
- Ability to work independently and with little direct supervision.
At Transamerica we promote a Future Fit mindset. What is a Future Fit mindset?
- Acting as One fosters an environment of positive collaboration.
- Accountability allows us to own the problem as well as the solution.
- Agility inspires new ideas, innovation and challenges the status quo.
- Customer Centricity encourages an above and beyond approach to our customer.
- Office environment.