BlueVoyant is seeking a knowledgeable Full Stack Software Engineer to join our Client Applications Team to help implement our technology platforms used to deliver our internet-scale intelligence and managed security products.
Qualifications for the Role:
- Experience with Agile frameworks such as Scrum and Agile tools such as JIRA.
- Experience with Continuous Delivery pipelines and the tools used to deliver solutions (GIT, GitLab, BitBucket, Jenkins, AWS Code Deploy, Azure DevOps, etc.).
- Experience with container technologies such as Docker.
- Expertise with API integration across applications, networks, and cloud environments.
- Experience with cloud storage and database skills in Postgre, DynamoDB, etc.
- At least 5+ years of experience developing, tuning and implementing large-scale, complex cloud system architectures.
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field experience.
What you will do as a Full Stack Software Engineer:
- Write, unit test, and implement production-quality code.
- Actively contribute to application architecture and product vision.
- Participate in requirements gathering, prototyping, and product design.
- Participate in daily stand-up meetings, splint planning, and product demos.
- Ensure code meets security, availability, and performance expectations.
- Document processes and procedures.
- Develop architectures that leverage products from reliable vendors to deliver on well-documented requirements while looking to reduce cost and complexity.
- Work with other security geeks.
- Coordinate with product management, client delivery teams, and corporate management to execute aggressive, but realistic, projects.
General responsibilities include:
- Participate in all stages of an agile software development lifecycle, including product ideation, requirements gathering, architecture, design, implementation, testing, documentation, and support.
- Refine our MSS methodology based on industry best practices with continuous feedback against well-defined metrics.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and MSS best practices.
- Ensure technical issues are quickly resolved and help implement strategies and solutions to reduce the likelihood of recurrence.
- Work with peers to ensure the end-to-end solution provided by BV works seamlessly for our clients.
Ideal candidates will:
- Thrive in our small, fast-paced, product-driven environment.
- Collaborate with teams from across the organization.
- Execute on tight schedules and under pressure.
- Present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Engineer systems that are maintainable, flexible and scalable.
- Follow a disciplined workflow driven by well-defined requirements.
- Demonstrate ownership of tasks with escalation as needed.
- Be a subject matter expert in how a set of technologies work together.
- Relentlessly push for successful operational outcomes.
- Possess a strong interest or background in cyber security.