As a Full Stack Enterprise Developer you will design, develop, test and implement SAP based enterprise solutions to achieve defined business goals, providing value to Valero by creating efficiencies and supporting strategic initiatives. You will have significant influence on application design and architecture. You will develop system functionality using SAP technologies and Integration Services to enable new or existing business requirements by working in close collaboration with end-users, and other IS departments.
- Problem Solving
- Results Orientation
- Interpersonal Skills
Our goal at Valero is to continue to be the premier manufacturer, distributor, and marketer of quality transportation fuels and petrochemical feedstocks, while serving the needs of our employees, communities and stakeholders. You can help achieve this goal if you can:
- Work on moderate to complex tasks for the deployment of new solutions and enhancements/fixes.
- Manage end user interactions including requirements gatherings, testing, training and post-implementation support.
- Perform analysis and recommend quality solutions for business processes.
- Communicate effectively through written and verbal methods.
This position is salaried exempt status, which means you are not eligible for overtime pay.
Successful candidates will have:
- A bachelor's degree (or higher) or foreign equivalent degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or related field required.
- Minimum 5 years of functional or technical experience utilizing SAP ABAP, Java or HANA required.
- Experience working with relational databases, data modeling and SQL scripting required.
- Ability to design, develop, document, and support solutions utilizing design patterns, reference architectures, and best practices required.
The most competitive candidates will have:
- Experience with any of the following:
- Web application design and development utilizing SAP UI5, Fiori and ABAP WebDynpro/FPM technologies with strong focus on user experience.
- SAP HANA, oData Services using NW Gateway, Business Object Processing Framework (BOPF), Core Data Services (CDS).
- SAP functional areas - PM, MM, SD (TSW).
- Enterprise Content Management using OpenText.
- Oil and gas industry experience preferred.