We're a venture-backed startup building tools to help millions of people monitor, regulate and ultimately improve their moods. Our tools are powered by the latest research in NLP and ML, use scientifically proven techniques from Cognitive Behavior Therapy, and is based on 10 years of digital mental health research at Stanford University. Our Chairman is Andrew Ng and Dan Jurafsky is a member of our advisory board, both globally recognized leaders in AI/NLP.
We are poised to redefine how people access mental health care and are building the dream team that's excited about getting us there. You will be working with modern tech such as React, Node.js, AWS Lambda and more. Your ability to add new and critical features to Woebot while also refactoring parts of our current system will help provide the fuel that will help us get there.
Why You Should Join Our Engineering Team:
You care about helping make quality mental health care realistically accessible to millions of people globally and are genuinely curious and effective in building complex scalable distributed systems.
You have the unique opportunity to help improve our core bot and infrastructure; helping delineate Woebot into a premium offering which will ultimately become the new standard in digital therapeutics.
In the process, you'll learn more about chatbots, machine learning deployment pipelines, and securing and documenting a product effectively. More importantly, you're energized by the idea of learning more about evidence-based psychological interventions and how to translate them into digital products that improve the lives of millions of people.
How You'll Thrive
Master The Basics
- Week 1: Warm welcome from the Woebot team :-)
- Within your First 30 Days you will learn the major components of the codebase, monitor our architecture, be able to fix minor bugs, and be proficient with our development, build, and release process.
- By Day 30 you've read and digested much of our code base, have made several small enhancements and bug fixes, and have come up with a list of recommendations for improving our front-end systems.
Help Our Product Scale
- By Day 60 you will have a complete understanding of Woebot's product and codebase, including, API and cloud architecture. systems.
- You'll have the opportunity work with our Product & Platform teams to troubleshoot complex issues across our services, including analyzing helpdesk bugs and supporting our Clinical Team.
- This will give you the opportunity to deeply understand our team and how we serve our customers.
Contribute To Our Web App
- By day 90, we expect that you've started to improve our internal tools and are collaborating on the technical design of new features that help our clinical team write engaging content.
- You're assessing the complexity of new requests and features while coordinating with our product and design team to iterate and ship new designs.
- Within your first year you you've launched new features for Woebot, improved internal tools, and contributed to helping our users live happier lives.
This Might Be Your Next Career Move IF:
- You care about helping make quality mental health care realistically accessible to millions of people nationwide.
- You're excited about driving the deployment and scaling of cutting-edge NLP and ML techniques.
- You read voraciously about your field of expertise and enjoy bringing your learnings to the team in the form of recommendations for system improvement.
Role Specific Competencies
- 1-2 years of production experience building web apps with React. (must have)
- Our backend is built on Node.js. So if you have Node.js experience, brownie points for you :)
- AWS or experience with another cloud provider such as GCP or Azure. (nice to have)
Our Core Values:
- Empathic: Place a high value on user-experience. Motivated to help others be successful.
- Proactive & flexible: Hit the ground running. Even with ambiguity, you can get the job done.
- Self-awareness and growth-mindset: Wants to learn and grow in the role.
- High standards: Take pride in your work and apply high standards toward everything.
- Strong work ethic: Work hard to get the job done.
- Competitive Salary
- Stock Options
- Flexible PTO
- Health, Dental & Vision
- Healthy Snacks & Meals