What You’ll Do
The Full Stack Engineer will assist the other members of the Engineering team as well as the Development team in deploying and maintaining the public and private cloud infrastructures. You will be responsible for the ongoing support of a dynamic environment of server software that provides outstanding service to our national and international customers. In addition to cloud based projects you will also provide technical evaluation, recommendations, installation, support and guidance for system software, hardware and supporting utilities for other company environments.
- Cooperates with other technical team members to provide solutions on a variety of difficult problems.
- Provides guidance to other technical team members in the installation and support of hardware, software and implementation of added functions in all environments.
- Participates in the installation of all additions, modifications or enhancements to the system hardware, software and supporting applications to ensure minimum impact on existing production cloud systems.
- Help to maintain Dev and Test systems separate from the production systems for the purpose of testing and evaluating new enhancements, databases or application software.
- Participates in the development, deployment and maintenance of departmental systems essential to the provisioning of economical, effective and efficient computer services for the company.
- Develops, supports and implements standardized methods and processes for the operation and maintenance of these systems.
- Works with software and hardware vendors to facilitate recommendations and implementation of new systems to meet business needs.
- Reviews schedules, cost and documentation to ensure success of projects.
Who You Are
You are entrepreneurial in spirit, appreciate the ability to work autonomously and thrive in a collaborative and fast-paced environment.
- Great judgement in ambiguous situations
- Previous work experience in an early stage, fast growing company and/or creative agency
- Stellar organizational skills
- An ability to take ownership and responsibility for completing projects, managing multiple projects and meeting deadline sin a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Clear, proactive, and fearless communication, both written and verbal
- Excellent people skills
- Rigor & velocity: able to navigate constraints via creative and divergent design explorations
- Clear market vision, staying on top of industry trends and research
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience
- 3-5 years of experience in an IT role
- 2+ years working with node.js, MySql and Java
- Thorough understanding of rest API, Hazelcast, Docker/Containerization and Tomcat
- Previous experience supporting production virtual machines and application servers running in a Java/Tomcat environment
- Production MySql databaseexperience including knowledge of schema design and stored procedures and triggers