Position – Senior Full Stack Engineer
Location: Reston, VA
Duration: 12+ Months Contract
- As a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer , candidate will be responsible for complex software development including coding, managing small sections of ongoing projects and closely adhering to deadlines. Candidate will also take responsibility for creating design specifications, unit testing, and preparing technical documentation. Candidate will ensure relationships with customers and cross-team members and are professional and meet expectations.
- The ideal candidate will have designed, developed and implemented serverless software solutions in support of data quality and automation. The candidate will also possess technical skills and experience in the data management domain that will help their ability to design and develop elegant and efficient data processes and systems.
- Minimum 7 years demonstrated experience with software development.
- Strong and evolving competence in several programming languages and technologies, working knowledge of multiple tool sets, technologies and implementation environments
- Strong practical experience in NodeJS and scripting experience in a Cloud based environment
- Demonstrated experience with AWS Lambda, SNS/SQS, S3, IAM, CloudWatch, RDS and DynamoDB, AWS CLI, Sagemaker
- Possess technical skills and experience in the virtual infrastructure domain, specifically Amazon Web Services.
- Design and development experience in building and monitoring microservices
- Working experience on CI/CD using Jenkins /AWS Code pipeline
- Demonstrated experience in developing full stack solutions using NodeJS
- Fundamentals in OO and computer science foundation principles.
- Working knowledge of distributed architectural design patterns
- Knowledge of systems analysis and design (including OOAD and UML), and database design
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle and modern software engineering principles and practices
- Experience setting up a DataOps
- High analytical skills and knack to develop tools for monitoring high frequency data services.
- Experience working on Agile teams with the scrum team member attitude – willingness to support the Team to be successful in any area necessary
- Demonstrated experience with AWS cloud supported programming languages like Java, React JS, Angular JS or Python development.
- Ability to use: KMS, ALB/ELB, Route 53, VPC
- Fluency with CI/CD toolsets such as: CloudFormation, BitBucket, Jenkins, Ansible
- Experience with relational databases, and NoSQL databases
- Experience building infrastructure as code using AWS CloudFormation or similar scripting techniques
- Appetite to Learn new things
- Some knowledge in data science and/or machine learningBenefits
- Bachelor’s degree and/or other advanced degree(s)
- Relevant AWS or other professional certifications