Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 267 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
One of the big problems we’re currently thinking through is how we re-platform the multiple products and systems we’ve built over the years to focus on reuse and extensible while at the same time expanding our products into new international markets. We’re looking for a self-motivated engineer to join the team who has a passion for building clean, modular and testable code. Ideal candidates will thrive in an environment where you take concepts from ideation all the way to production and have comfort operating at all levels of the stack. - Contribute to and build tools, frameworks, and other infrastructure needed to support automation. - Stay plugged into the quality landscape, implement proof-of-concept prototypes for complex infrastructure design. - Develop reusable patterns and encourage innovation that will increase team velocity - Design and implementation of automation frameworks. - Provide technical leadership and be a role model to software engineers pursuing a technical career path in engineering - Drive a quality mind set within the team
- 8+ years system-level design and architectureexperience.
- Proven experience in driving adoption of new high-impact technologies by researching technical trends.
- Able to operate at highly varying levels of abstraction from strategy to high level technical design to detailed technical design to implementation.
- At least 2 years experience leading one or more of the following areas of a DevOps transformation journey: strategy, design architecture migration planning, implementation, and organizational change management.
- Experience building software or web applications with object oriented or functional programming languages. Doesn't matter what language, just a focus on writing clean, well designed and scalable code
- Can go end-to-end on any stack digging in to unearth the best patterns and design decisions.
- Love to see beautiful code and make it possible for others to contribute using your well-defined conventions.
- Proven collaboration and leadership skills
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.