The Customer Success and Insights Platform team is looking for a highly talented, self-driven, proven software engineer to take on the challenge of building a Customer Journey Platform. As an engineer in our development team you will be responsible for the development of key building blocks of a Customer Journey Platform. You will work closely with product, architects and other teams to understand the business needs and deliver solutions to meet their needs. The core idea is to help PayPal customers with self-service and automation leveraging the power of latest technologies like micro-services, natural language processing and machine learning. This should help with not only offering a great customer experience but also reduce operational costs.
We are looking for a strong Full Stack Engineer with experience with Machine learning You will need to be able to architect & build solutions to problems with little guidance from others. Previous work on a tools or platform team would be helpful, but certainly isn’t required. We want candidates with a vision for how to empower customers by building delightful experiences. You should be familiar with the latest tools & practices popular in the community. We hope you are passionate about these tools and can help us make decisions about which ones will work best for PayPal. We are looking for leaders to help move the company forward. The candidate should have great communication skills and ideally past experience working with a distributed team. Experience managing or contributing to open-source projects would come in handy, so would any kind of high-profile work with many contributors & customers. People will look up to you on this team, so experience mentoring and teaching would be helpful.
PayPal is a diverse and inclusive workplace that gives its engineers trust and autonomy to provide users with the best experience possible. At PayPal we ship code to millions of users all over the globe. This position is an opportunity to have a high impact across many teams at PayPal and help us accomplish our goal of democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Join us in our mission by applying today.
- Responsible for providing technical leadership, define architecture best practices and work with Engineering and Product teams across the organization.
- Lead multiple complex business domains and lead architecture strategy and innovation for these domains.
- Lead and Mentor engineers, work with managers and operations to ensure that systems meets reliability, accuracy and performance goals.
- Drive both technology and product innovation through rapid prototyping and iterative development.
- Innovate in Compliance FinTech/RegTech space to improve overall efficacy and efficiencies using state of the art technologies (machine learning, block chain and others)
- Collaborates with leadership across the board to effectively to deliver solutions and projects.
- Work with remote geographic and cross functional teams to build quality and timely solutions.
- Responsible for developing multi-year platform strategy and products roadmap, including architecture blueprints.
- 15+ years of experience in product platform design, architectural leadership for FinTech and RegTech, consumer facing platforms engineering teams.
- Deep hands on experience in complex system design, object oriented system design, scale, performance tuning in Java and related technologies. Deep hands on experience in API design, REST, RPC and micro-service architecture.
- Demonstrated experience with BigData technologies (Hadoop ecosystem, Spark and others).
- Expertise in various machine learning algorithms and tools such as Tensorflow, Keras and Pytorch
- Demonstrated experience with innovation in FinTech space using state of the art technologies (machine learning, block chain and others) – patents, published papers, Creative and entrepreneurial mindset. Passionate about AI
- Demonstrated experience in building product platform as-a-service, SaaS and multi-tenant deployments.
- Demonstrated experience in solving complex business problems using AI / ML technologies, specifically in NLP area
- Strong system and data flow knowledge. Ability to learn and adapt to new product flows and software technologies.
- Strong analytical, research, problem solving and evaluative thinking skills.
- Acute attention to detail and well-developed organization and time management skills.
- Strong communication skills - including ability to listen to the needs of others and comprehend complex matters, articulate issues in a clear and concise manner, and present effectively in both oral and written presentations to all levels in the organization.
- Team-oriented approach – can effectively lead a project or participate as an effective team member as well as work cross-functionally with other organizations.
- High level of energy and a desire to thrive in a large, complex, fast-paced organization; ability to handle multiple projects under pressure.
- Strong innovation acumen with expertise in enterprise software development stack, industry tech best practices and data driven decisioning / machine learning.