About this Position
China is one of the largest and fastest growing travel markets and a critical piece to Airbnb's mission. Here we want to build a localized product team that best serves Chinese users and market, enabling everyone to truly "belong anywhere".
We are now looking for talented software engineers to work on search ranking and monetization for Airbnb China, providing our guests and hosts an intelligent product and building a healthy marketplace that grows sustainably.
- Build services and APIs to drive existing and new features for web and mobile apps.
- Work with data scientists and business analysts to define, capture, and use real-time event data for business insights and product features.
- Work with other engineers and cross functional partners in product and design to build a world class online and offline product.
- Collaborate with infrastructure engineering teams to participate in, validate, and evolve how we build, test, and deploy code in a distributed Service-Oriented Architecture.
- 2+ years of industry experience in engineering
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree, preferably in CS, or equivalent experience.
- Ability to write high performance production quality code.
- Exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web application (e.g., well-designed APIs, high volume data pipelines, efficient algorithms).
- Experience with web development best practices such as A/B testing, continuous integration.
- Understanding of data structures and problem solving approaches, and ability to articulate trade offs.
- Prior experience in machine learning is a plus.
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness Discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter Subsidies
- Community Involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Much more…