We design. We build. We code. We think. We craft. We engineer. We teach. We learn. We invent.
At littleBits, we’re on a mission to democratize hardware by empowering everyone to create inventions, large and small, with our platform of easy-to-use electronic building blocks. And we believe this mission starts with you. When you join the team, you’ll enter a workspace that encourages innovation, creative expression, teamwork, and transparency. We also encourage spontaneous sing-a-longs, furry friends, roaming robots, and lots of laughs. If you are genuinely excited about our mission, and about working with a smart, dedicated and talented group of inventors, artists and doers, we want you on our team!
The FULL STACK ENGINEER will be part of the top-notch team responsible for the features and functionality across our digital web properties (e-commerce, community, and backend operations). Our engineering challenges range from content management, tracking+testing, search & recommendations, forums + discussions, order management, supply chain, distribution logistics, and full-lifecycle business intelligence.
You will be working with a top-notch engineering, design, and product management team - a key player in an organization that breathes innovation.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience with associated development tools and frameworks, RSpec, CirleCi or Jenkins, OAuth, and Github.
- Have top-notch analytical skills and the ability to break down complex problems into smaller manageable pieces.
- Have experience working with product management teams and high-level business requirements.
WHAT YOU'LL DO AS FULL STACK ENGINEER:
- Write high-quality code that helps our customers achieve our mission
- Contribute to architecture and product definition
- Be an expert at web development – develop from the database through to the front-end
- Share knowledge and learn in an agile development process
- Help increase littleBits leadership in the open source community
THE SKILLS/EXPERIENCE YOU'LL NEED AS FULL STACK ENGINEER:
- Full Stack web development
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to itemize and estimate deliverables
- Experience launching complex user experiences into production
- Establish priorities and deliver against high-level themes and metrics
- Experience with our current stack: React, Ruby, Shopify, MySQL, Redis, Wordpress is a plus
- Ability to design and implement integrated systems for e-commerce, community, and ERP is a plus
- Deep understanding of system architecture, cloud, automation, and database administration is a plus
- Participation in open source projects is a plus
- Experience with start-ups and agile software processes is a plus
- Delivery focused entrepreneurial mindset is a plus
- Mentor team members, monitor code quality, be opinionated and vocal about solid engineering practices.
- Write high quality code – lots of it.
- Own architecture, system uptime, and response time
- Coordinate efforts across engineers
- Launch complex user experiences into production
- Prioritize and deliver against high-level themes and metrics
THE PERKS YOU’LL ENJOY AS FULL STACK ENGINEER:
- Being part of an awesome team that keeps playful inventing at the heart of all we do
- Sweeping views of the Hudson, a tricked-out office and fully stocked kitchen
- All the oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, microscopes, microchips, soldering irons, laser cutters, 3D printers, craft supplies and googly eyes you could ever want
- Benefits including medical, dental, vision, commuter checks, FSA and 401(K) with an abbreviated waiting period
- Stock options that go along with a high-growth, well-funded startup
- Flexible working hours and sick day policy
- Generous vacation policy
Apply for this Job * Required First Name *