$100K — $150K *
Greystone and Co., Inc. and its affiliates is a financial services and private investment group and one of the nation’s leading providers of commercial mortgages for multifamily and healthcare properties. We offer a comprehensive line of real estate finance products for our clients. Greystone seeks leaders and team players, candidates who can work in a collaborative environment and possess drive, integrity, creativity, compassion and a strong work ethic.
We are Greystone Labs, an innovation team and lender composed of underwriters, software engineers and data scientists. Our goal is to make commercial finance simple, transparent and accessible. For example, we have developed a cloud-based loan model that keeps the whole deal team in sync in real time - which allows us to double our production without increasing risk. We leverage large sets of data, web apps, APIs, and a sprinkle of genuine machine learning to make lending as streamlined and self-sufficient as possible.
We are looking for a Full Stack Engineer to join our team in our New York City office.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Work with development teams and product managers to ideate, create, and extend software solutions
• Architect client-side and server-side integrations
• Work closely with 3rd party software providers and build integrations (when necessary), i.e. Salesforce
• Build and extend the front end applications through appealing visual design
• Develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications
• Test-Driven development. Unit, manual, integration, user.
• Interacting and maintaining test suites, including CI/CD pipelines
• Participate in Agile/Scrum ceremonies and suggest improvements
• Write normalized and efficient database queries through ORM’s
• Design user interactions on web pages
• Develop effective back end applications and API’s
• Ensure responsiveness of applications; test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
• Write and deploy cloud-based applications
• Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
• Ensure security and data protection development practices
• Work with data scientists and analysts to improve software
• Stay abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages
• Work closely with the team and business to come up with compelling solutions, products, and ways to increase operational efficiencies
Experience, Skills and Abilities Required
• Degree in Computer Science
• 5+ years’ experience - ideally in financial services or real estate lending
• Strong organizational and project management skills
• Strong in best practices of software engineering, architecture, infrastructure, database design
• Proficiency with Ruby on Rails
• Proficiency in API design, REST
• Strong 12-factor design principles a plus
• Proficiency with Postgres
• Familiarity with other database technology such as MySQL, Oracle and MongoDB.
• Self-starter, keen to pick up new tasks/projects that help the whole business unit
• Salesforce experience a plus
• Familiarity with cloud-based infrastructure
• Familiarity with microservices and Api-driven design principles
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Good problem-solving skills
• Attention to detail
Valid through: 12/18/2020