Global Worldwide is looking for a talented Full Stack Engineer to be a part of a global team responsible for delivery and improvement of our existing backend microservices as well as improvements and feature additions to our front end Unity-based client.
As a Full Stack Engineer, you will be responsible for development of game systems and features, end to end. You’ll work on the game development team to ensure that services are designed with scale, operability, performance, and ease-of-use in mind.
What you get to do every day:
- Collaborate with designers, engineers, and product managers to understand and implement game features and system improvements.
- Develop user interface and gameplay features.
- Maintain, improve, make changes to our game and analytic backend microservices
- Deliver high-quality functional systems on timelines you commit to
- Collaborate proactively in a geographically-distributed team environment
- Deep-dive existing systems to optimize and refactor for performance, reliability, and maintainability as needed
- Perform design and code reviews of other Engineers’ work
What you bring to the role:
- B.S in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3-5+ years of commercial software development experience
- Coding experience with high level languages such as typescript and C#
- Proficient with cloud-based data warehouse solutions such as Snowflake
- Proficient in database management (Mysql, Redis) within a distributed cloud architecture
- Experience with REST APIs and event driven interactions
- Familiarity and/or experience with microservices mesh architecture
- Experience with cloud service providers, particularly AWS
- Knowledge of modern logging & metrics systems, e.g. Logstash, Graphite
- Good communication skills
- An ability to learn quickly and work in a fast-paced environment