We give our engineers an environment where they can contribute from day one, while also growing as engineers. We're an engineering- and product-focused company. Our engineers take a leading role in designing, architecting, building, and testing our product. As we scale Splunk, we are expanding our engineering effort to enrich our developer ecosystem. We want you to help us build a continuous app certification pipeline.
What We'll Provide You:
- A stable, collaborative, and supportive work environment.
- A group of exceptionally talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering to product management and support.
- A constant stream of new things to learn. We're always expanding into new areas and exploring new technologies.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- Balance and sustainable pace. We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and commitment, and believe that balance helps cultivate a phenomenal environment.
What We're Looking For:
- You have 3+ years of relevant industry experience.
- You have strong skills in C++, Python and/or Java.
- Experience building and maintaining services on top of REST APIs
- Experience with cloud, virtualization and containerization technologies are a plus.
- Fundamental understanding of distributed systems and web services are a plus.
- Curiosity, desire to learn and adapt. You thrive by researching & spiking. We have a lot of projects going on at once, and you'll have to learn to navigate the code and features. You'll constantly be learning new areas and new technologies. You will also engage with our partners and need to drive your lines of inquiry with them.
- Exposure to scripting, continuous integration systems, configuration management systems.
- Systems thinking. You are able to analyze how apps work and interrelate over time and within the context of larger systems.
- Software testing. You can create and execute a plan to test an app to ensure that it does what it should be doing and can effectively communicate when you find problems.
- Understanding of cloud platforms and emerging cloud computing trends. You don’t need to be an authority, but you should have a base of knowledge to build on.
- Collaborative programming. You are not only comfortable, but excited to work on an agile team. You give and take feedback regularly. You love pairing with other devs, testers, product owner, and writers.