We are looking for Software Development Engineers to build products that streamline Investment Research and Portfolio decisions. With an emphasis on Full Stack Engineering, you will collaborate with Product Managers on feature definition and ultimately, execute on launching data intensive features that enable deeper insight as well as User Experience enhancements that simplify collaboration across multiple applications and API surfaces. The scope of the role is broad and covers backend data collection, data modeling, middle-tier domain models and microservices. The goal is to build team agility through the implementation of highly tailored, yet maintainable and performant APIs. And when the opportunity arises, you work on frontend web and/or mobile features. The ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about their craft and is driven to innovate on behalf of users and optimizes on behalf of Engineering staff. Through the course of launching features, you rationalize requirements, advocate for best practices and iterate through functional and technical design that incorporate feedback.
- Collaborate with product managers and fellow engineers to launch new product features
- Identify Developer Experience opportunities and drive improvements through Automation
- Build and extend APIs that enable rich User Experiences with minimal latency
- Actively participate in SCRUM process as well as the Engineering design and code reviews, as part of the SDLC
- Excellent knowledge of software engineering best practices (e.g. Agile software development, test-driven development, unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, etc…)
- Strong computer science fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, and complexity analysis.
- Ability to implement Full Stack Security best practices with OpenID (through SSO) and Static and Dynamic (SAST/DAST) vulnerability scans
- Experience deploying software infrastructure to AWS services, e.g. containers – CDK, ECS & EKS, S3, Lambda, Elasticsearch) preferred.
- Willingness and ability to own all stages of the development process: design, testing, implementation, automation, and operational support
- Experience with GraphQL and Node.js services
- Interpret UX Designs and implement performant reusable components on tailored APIs that enable quick prototyping of UX experiments as well as robust frontend features
- Capable developing UX components, end to end in modern SPA framework that leverage industry best practices
- Knowledge of data stores, SQL and NoSQL
- Experience with web scale data scraping or other data acquisition/integration strategies