Ad Hoc is a digital services company that helps the federal government better serve people. Our team of experts from across commercial industry and government brings the modern skills necessary to help agencies transform public services into digital services. Our work enables agencies to meet the needs of their users while closing the gap between consumer expectations and government.
We’re looking for a driven and organized Full Stack Engineer to help our team in delivering the very best digital services for the American people.
- All work must be conducted within the U.S.
- As a contractor to the federal government, all hires may be required to complete additional background screenings at the time of hire or any time thereafter as requested.
- Our technical screening involves completing our homework assignments exclusively - we do not do any form of whiteboarding in our process. You can read more about our homework here.
What You'll Do
- Use Node.js, React, Typescript, Ruby or other programming languages to build scalable services that gracefully integrate with legacy systems
- Build APIs that support both the digital services we deliver as well as third-party usage
- Use unit and integration testing to ensure systems meet business needs
- Ship software that impacts the lives of millions of Americans
What You'll Bring
- Experience developing web applications in Node.js, React, Express.js or Ruby.
- 2+ years of experience developing consumer-facing web applications, services, and APIs.
- Programming in a major open source language, such as Ruby, Python, Go, Java, or Node.js.
- Proficient spelling, grammar, and communication skills.
- Experience and understanding of one or more different agile methodologies, including Scrum, XP, or SAFe.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, in particular EC2, S3, and RDS.
- Company-subsidized Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Use What You Need Vacation Policy
- 401K with employer match
- Paid parental leave after one year of service
- Continuing education/annual conference attendance stipend