ABOUT AVALONBAY DIGITAL SQUAD
At AvalonBay, we've embarked on a digital initiative to enhance the way we serve our customers. We're transforming the way customers experience AvalonBay with an approach rooted in design thinking and enabled by agile methodology. The cross-functional team, based out of our corporate headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, will be empowered to act and iterate to get value to customers as frequently as possible. We will leverage exciting technologies, such as AI and a modern cloud-based technology, transforming an enterprise environment from within. Ultimately, we're championing our organization's core values -a Commitment to Integrity, a Spirit of Caring and a Focus on Continuous Improvement. And we're looking for leaders to join our team!
The Full Stack Engineer will understand the needs of various stakeholders and translate them into clean, scalable, easy-to-maintain code. This team member will be advocating for the implementation & utilization of best practices, and by approaching complex and/or difficult situations with a positive, solutions-driven mindset. You'll work on everything from customer-facing web applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end C# based systems. You'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: node.js, C#, Java, AngularJS, React, Python, REST, JSON, XML, HTML5, CSS, NoSQL databases, relational databases, and AWS cloud infrastructure to name a few.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Build web applications using the latest web technologies, specifically React and Redux
- Work within a small team, collaborating with your colleagues to conceptualize, build and ship impactful features
- Approach development from the perspective of the end-user and consistently look to identify areas where the customer experience can be improved
- Mentor, educate and support those around you, as well as other web developers within the company
- Working within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full stack of development tools and technologies
- Continuously improving software engineering practices
- Building business capabilities on the cloud with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Working on application programming interfaces and building out microservices
- Providing enhancements and support to current web services
- Encouraging innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- 2+ years of experience with Full Stack Development
- 2+ years of xperience with C# and .NET Core (or similar Java experience)
- 2+ years of experience working with cross-functional business and technology teams
- 1+ years of experience with React.js, HTML, CSS and Web APIs
- 2+ years of experience with Cloud computing (AWS)
- 2+ years of Agile engineering experience
- 2+ years experience in DevOps
- Experience and passion for building complex, performant, responsive, accessible, and beautiful web experiences that are well-tested, documented, and monitored
- UX design experience
How AvalonBay Supports You
We know that our teams are the heart of our success and we're committed to showing our appreciation.
- Comprehensive benefits – health, dental & vision, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement, an employee stock purchase plan and more!
- Growth based on achievement and promotion from within.
- Associate recognition (a company-wide recognition program that celebrates associate efforts and successes in contributing to the overall success of the organization – including destination awards, 'AvalonBay's Very Best' recognition program and others!).
- A 20% discount on our incredible apartment homes.
- A culture built on purpose and our core values -a Commitment to Integrity, a Spirit of Caring, and a Focus on Continuous Improvement.