The Full Stack Engineer works independently and collaborates with others in the division to provide and maintain applications that meet business needs. The developer is responsible for software design and development for simple to moderately complex business solutions, working independently or at the direction of more senior technologists. Analyzes system problems and recommends alternatives for resolution. The Application Developer Engineer recommends opportunities to improve system effectiveness and efficiency. Works in a mainframe, client/server, business intelligence, and/or web environment for internally built applications or vendor packaged applications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support and update existing internal applications and services.
- Collaborate in our Agile/Scrum software development process.
- Work with product stakeholders to establish software requirements.
- Work with platform & system architects on software and system optimizations & enhancements to create elegant designs.
- Work with other software leads on developing and improving software development methodologies and processes.
- Focus on design patterns, test driven development, enforce code quality and standards, and document APIs.
- Lead & guide the fellow developers on the team through technical skill development and knowledge sharing.
- Align technical solutions with business and IT strategic visions while complying with the organization's architectural standards.
- Collaborate with Project Managers, business and technical analysts, developers, QA, and other IT team members to understand business & technical requirements that drive the analysis, design, and creation of quality technical solutions.
- Code reviews
- Approve pull requests
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s or equivalent years of experience
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, object oriented or functional programming and design patterns
- 3+ years of experience with structured data, such as JSON or XML
- 3+ years of experience with web application frameworks like Express and React
- 3+ years of experience with SQL and/or noSQL databases
- Experience with cross-browser packaging & performance optimization: WebPack & Babel
- Experience supporting cloud native and serverless deployments on AWS such as Cognito, Lambda, DynamoDB, Redshift, S3
- Experience designing and building secure, large-scale distributed systems with REST APIs and microservices
- Excels in a fast-paced agile team embracing Test-Driven Development and CI/CD pipelines
- Work well in teams, respecting and welcoming ideas from partners, business stakeholders, and technical experts
- Experience with UI and workflow prototyping tools
- Strong customer focus, ownership, bias for action, and curiosity
OTHER JOB EXPERIENCES DESIRED:
- Insurance industry experience a plus, but not required.
- Experience with cloud computing APIs (Amazon Web Services preferred).
- Experience with cloud computing services (Amazon Web Services like Lambda, S3, CloudWatch, ECS, and RDS preferred)
- Interest in emerging platform-as-a-service / distributed application frameworks such as ECS, Spring, ElasticBeanstalk and Docker.