This position is responsible for analysis, coding, testing and documenting applications programs from detailed specifications. This position is also responsible with assisting with the preparation of specifications from which programs will be written.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist others in refining system specifications
- Participates in gathering specifications from users
- Translates detailed program specifications for less complex problems into coded computer instructions
- Creates and/ or modifies programs to adapt to changes in needs and requirements.
- Tests coded program routines and makes revisions to eliminate errors.
- Reviews test results with users, completes final program documentation, and obtains approval for changes
- Analyzes issues and uses judgement to make decisions
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor Degree or, in-lieu of degree, equivalent education, training and work-related experience
- 1-7+ years of experience in the Microsoft technology stack
- Strong knowledge of the .NET framework (4.5 and higher)
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming and SOLID design principles
- Proficient in C# with good understanding of VB.NET
- Experienced with front-end frameworks (AngularJS, Knockout, React, etc.)
- Experience with SOAP and Restful Web Services (WCF, Web API)
- Proficient in SQL Server 2012 and above, Transact SQL, stored procedures, triggers, DTS packages
- Experience with Entity Framework and Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) frameworks
- Experience with applying design and architectural patterns
- Familiar with TFS 2013 and higher
- Experience in end-to-end Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) project
- Experience working with Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Experience with code review and evaluation
- Good at understanding requirements and estimation
- Good team player, have ability and willingness to mentor junior developers
- Have passion for learning new technologies and enhancing existing skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter that can work well in a team environment
- Proactive issue resolution with a positive attitude
- Ability to adapt and respond in a rapidly evolving business environment
- Understands solution at the project level
- Possess experience in the insurance industry and/ or basic knowledge of insurance
- Understanding of data modeling concepts
- Relevant Microsoft certification
- Insurance industry experience.