Our Fortune 500 company is driving a digital transformation and looking for forward-thinking innovators to disrupt how our industry thinks about and uses technology. As one of the world's leading employee benefits providers, we help millions of people gain affordable access to benefits that help them protect their families, their finances and their futures.
- Are you an asker of questions, a solver of problems, and a challenger of the status quo? Our mission is to provide a differentiated customer experience and exceed the expectations people have of technology at any company — not just insurers.
- We are seeking individuals to join our team of talented IT professionals who share never-ending passion and an unwavering focus on our customer experience. Team members comfortable working in an agile, fast-paced, and delivery-focused environment thrive in our environment where we value an entrepreneurial spirit and those who challenge the status-quo.
- Unum is changing, and we’re excited about what’s next. Join us.
- Unum is hiring for a Full Stack Developer who has an understanding of React.js development, Amazon Web Services (AWS), demonstrates an interest in software architectures, and seeks to design solutions in alignment with the company stated architecture and standards. The Full-Stack Developer will be responsible for the building and/or configuration of software solutions within their business portfolio. This candidate will ensure software is delivered to high-quality standards by collaborating with their agile team members and by leveraging unit testing and continuous integration. They are able to estimate the work required to deliver software features and use critical thinking skills applied to solution design and implementation for the delivery of business value.Job Specifications
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science is preferred, or equivalent relevant business experience
- 2-5 years of experience with demonstrated success in software development or equivalent experience
- Demonstrates knowledge of AWS and serverless computing
- Familiarity with the suite of AWS product and their purposes and is eager to integrate development with emerging AWS NLP technologies
- Takes a logical, analytical approach to problem-solving and pays close attention to detail
- Experience with Agile Development Methodologies
- Able to solve complex technical problems and drive system optimizations
- Demonstrates a strong focus on quality delivery and delighting customers; holds self to high standards of delivery
- Strong team player; able to work effectively within a team and more broadly with people from a variety of backgrounds and areas across a large program and organization.
- Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the estimation, design, implementation, and maintenance of new and existing features for the existing portfolio of applications for a business area.
- Designs, codes, configures, unit tests, maintains, and documents software deliverables using agreed-upon standards and tools. Leads sizing and estimation activities within the agile team.
- Communicates daily with the Scrum Master or Team Lead and the rest of the Agile team on progress made and planned progress for the coming day and reports any impediments that are blocking their progress.
- Participates in code reviews and sprint retrospectives; ensuring their ideas for team continuous improvement are communicated so that the overall process and team can improve sprint by sprint and readily receives feedback for self-improvement. Will be asked to lead these development ceremonies at times.
- Automates testing of software to industry standards of software automation ensuring very high-quality application/solution delivery and efficient regression of existing features.
- Leads proof of concept work and prototyping when necessary.
- Responsible for ensuring the quality of existing and new features through both manual and automated testing and the use of continuous integration techniques, where practical.
- Collaborates with Business Analysts to confirm understanding of business requirements relating to features to be delivered and to help the Business Analyst define requirements that can be delivered from a technical perspective
- Collaborates with User Experience (UX) designers to ensure designs produced can be translated efficiently into working solutions for feature delivery
- Collaborate with Test Engineers and Senior Test Engineers to ensure that software meets the definition of done; ensuring the successful transition of work to the next stage of production during the sprints
- Ensures an innovation culture in the team by continuous improvement of deliveries and participates in evaluating new processes and technologies that can be applied to future feature delivery
- Collaborates with Technical Support Engineers to transition software features to a production environment ensuring that the deliveries meet application performance criteria, release standards; and ensures application and system stability.
Ensures that the latest project progress is known to the agile team by ensuring Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) tools are up to date and participating in daily standups outlining progress made, progress planned, and detailing impediments