Job ID: 15116BR
Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That’s Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers – and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Travelers has an exciting opportunity for a senior engineer on our Digital Technologies team. You will be joining an innovative team that is creating forward thinking software solutions.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Full stack developer/engineer
- Design, test, develop, deploy, maintain and improve software assets
- Experience with Angular, NodeJs, and React is a plus
- Deliver high quality code thru hands on development with attention to detail
- Analyze/Research issues and provide solutions to quickly resolve them
- Responsible for developing automated testing scripts using Selenium, Jasmine etc
- Enjoys mentoring others on development processes
- Work closely in an agile team of product owner, engineers and scrum master in a collaborative environment
- Actively participate in solution design with system engineers and architects
High School diploma or equivalent required. 3 years of programming/development experience required.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent practical experience
- 6+ years of relevant hands-on software development experience
- ReactJS, Angular and other modern JS UI frameworks, CSS, Bootstrap
- NodeJS/.NET Framework and ES2015+ experience desirable
- Hands-on experience working with web service technologies such as REST, JSON, SOAP
- Experienced in automated unit testing and acceptance testing frameworks (NUnit, Mocha, Jasmine, Jest, Selenium)
- Working experience with version control (Git, SVN)
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process preferred
- Ambition to learn and utilize emerging technologies while working in a stimulating environment
- Experience in client facing technologies and heavy hands on development as an individual contributor
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to learn and adapt to change quickly and easily
- Familiarity with DevOps, continuous delivery, configuration management and tools is desired
This position may be remote or work from home
Licensing or Certificates
Depends on the specific role but some examples may include: ITIL Remedy Java certification Microsoft certification.net Kanban/Agile/SAFe
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.