As a member of our diverse development team containing a mix of experience levels, you will be responsible for all stages of the development lifecycle including but not limited to reviewing the specification/requirements documents, designing, coding, testing and deploying code to different environments. Ideally, we are looking for candidates with exposure and expertise in one or more of the following: Angular, TypeScript, HTML, CSS, C#, .NET Core, RESTful APIs, Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, CI/CD Patterns and Pipelines, AWS Lambda, Azure DevOps
You will interact on a regular basis with local specialty underwriters, and the business analysts as well as IT specialists in our corporate office.
- Within the first 30 days, become familiar with the Specialty Group business (what we do), structure (employees), and our supporting IT colleagues in the corporate office.
- Within the first 60 days,learn the existing development workflow and process, work with business analysts and developers to learn the tools, environment and process used by the team.
- By the end of 2021, develop and support applications on the Angular platform
- By the end of 2021, be ready to independentlylaunch a RESTful API solution catering to the needs of our Broker partners by implementing a 2-3 sprint development cycle.
- Ongoing:Actively work with business analysts to design, develop, maintain, and deploy software solutions in a DevOps environment using modern and open-source tools. Overtime hours may be required to fulfill job responsibilities. Up to 5% travel for training and conferences may be required.
- At least 1 year of experience as a Full Stack Developer or the equivalent in projects/internships.
- Exceptional attention to details;