About Blue Cross
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota is one of the most recognized and trusted health care brands in the world with 2.9 million members. We’re committed to reinventing health care to improve health for our members and the community. We hope you'll join us.
How Is This Role Important to Our Work?
This position within Application Development team will lead design and build high quality, stable and functional software. Focus will be on refreshing our existing software and building solutions for scalability, stability and easy maintainability. The position will also provide code-level operational support and coordinate maintenance and enhancement activity to support all aspects of application delivery.
A Day in the Life:
- Works with technical staff to understand unique or highly complex software problems involving many varied factors to be interpreted and considered, frequently of broad scope.
- Prepares detailed specifications from which programs will be written to develop or modify large complex software applications.
- Research, explore and build prototype using new technology and frameworks.
- Design and build scripts which would help with test automation, build automation and monitoring.
- Help build best practices to deliver quality product efficiently.
- Advocate and evangelize the use of cloud and CI/CD within the I.T. Work with Partners, vendors and other technology teams to analyze, design and deliver technology solutions.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Angular, node.js.
- Experience with AWS,Jenkins.
- Experience with Docker, Container and serverless technologies.
- Understanding of agile and other development processes and methodologies.
Required Skills and Experiences:
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Science or another related field and 7 years of experience with software design and development or 11 years of relevant experience in lieu of degree.
- 3 years of Server side Java Development.
- Experience with SQL and Relational database.
- Analytical ,Troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- A strong belief in and experience in applying practices that enhance quality like code reviews, automated tests, and continuous integration.