Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provideindustry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBMand our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
This role is located in the IBM office
in Research Triangle Park. There is no remote work option post covid. We are co-located in the office, but maintain a responsible consideration of health and safety practices - which includes ongoing support for an in-office/remote office balance during these unusual times. There are no relocation funds for this role so you would need to relocate at your own expense.
*** IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
We in the IBM Chief Information Office (CIO) are a dynamic group of Business, Strategy and Technology professionals - a specific source of market-leading Industry Consulting, Application and Business process delivery following Agile values and principles. CIO is at the forefront of Digital Reinvention of key applications used within IBM providing value-led and asset-powered end to end solutions.
CIO mission is to create a productive environment for everyone at IBM. We do this by leading with Design to drive simplicity and ease of use, Engineering the systems that run the business, and Innovating to transform the business. Key focus areas are to secure the Enterprise in network security, endpoint security and data security
Transform IBM and improve collaboration and practice a culture of agile way of working.
Within the CIO, we do represent the Analytic and Insight area of the Sales & Marketing Systems. Our Mission is to provide business insights to our partners in sales and marketing to win in the marketplace through analytics solutions delivered using latest technology and based on real time, consolidated and cloud-based data.
The Analytics and Insight team is looking for an experienced Full Stack Developer to join our high-performing application development team. Our portfolio of applications supports software contract lifecycle management. We support worldwide software sales, finance, and operations to ensure timely and accurate contract management from signing to expiration. We ensure accurate data is captured, tracked, and presented through advanced analytics and insights.
You'll work with developers, architects, project managers, operations professionals, and subject matter experts to help develop and support tooling that supports software contract lifecycle management. The components you build, test, deploy, and support will integrate IBM internal systems in ways that have never been done before.
Who you are:
- Self-motivated and self-managed with a demonstrated analytical ability and curiosity
- Takes creative approaches to problem solving, innovation, and issue resolution
- Works independently and within a team setting
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Fluent in English
- Live in or willing to move to Raleigh, NC to work collaboratively in the office
What you'll do:
- Join an Agile team
- Propel innovation and contribute to exciting new projects
- Work in a newly renovated Agile space in IBM Raleigh
How we'll help you grow:
- Offer an opportunity to be a part of a hardworking team in a collaborative organization in an inspiring, empowered environment
- Provide a place where you're proud to work and where you are motivated to produce the best results possible
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 4+ years of experience in software development projects
- Demonstrated experience developing Microservices deployed to Kubernetes
- Demonstrated experience with RDBMS and SQL
- Demonstrated experience with web application frameworks like Angular or Django
- Demonstrated experience working with large data sets and developing rules based engines
- Degree in Computer Science or closely-related field or equivalent practical experience
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience with IBM DB2
- Experience with IBM Cloud