At Sapient Global Markets, we are quite literally on the front lines of the biggest issues facing the global markets leaders today – investment banks, asset management firms, wealth managers, oil and energy firms, and government and regulatory agencies. Driving transformation and leading change within these industries requires big thinkers who bring insight, knowledge, technical acumen and passion for innovation. What we offer is the opportunity to join a recognized leader in developing and delivering groundbreaking solutions for today’s dynamic global marketplace and an award-winning culture that fosters growth and leadership.
The Full Stack Developer will work side by side with stakeholders to create bleeding edge technology for financial institutions. The ideal candidate will be a leader and have the ability to mentor junior engineers along with the ability to bring new and unique ideas to the table.
- Significant, hands-on development in solution analysis, design and implementation in Back Office, Middle Office or Front Office with financial systems
- Will be implementing high performance, low latency – real-time systems
- Extensive communication with multiple stakeholders, Business users and Technology teams for implementing complex features
- Raises and drives to closure with the client any technical design and implementation issues in the module and also in the interfaces and interactions with other modules
- Reports progress and issues to the Manager in a timely manner. In particular, to relay issues that might impact on quality or the ability to deliver to timescales or estimates
- Provides innovative solutions to technical issues during the project that could impact one or more modules of the project
- Must have at least 6+ years of expertise in python on either Linux/Unix platform
- Experience working with Node and Express
- End-to-end experience in agile software development lifecycle.
- Good to have: Angular 2, elasticsearch and postgres
- Strong experience with Flask
- Ability to abstract detail into larger (repeatable) patterns, familiarity with user-centered analysis and evaluation techniques.
- Intermediate level proficiency in one of the SQL Development Languages listed: Oracle - Development (PL/SQL), SQL Server Development - T-SQL
- Strong and innovative approach to problem solving and finding solutions
- Excellent communicator (written and verbal, formal and informal)
- Flexible and proactive/self-motivated working style with strong personal ownership of problem resolution
- Ability to multi-task under pressure and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to prioritize when under pressure.