Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
About the Team
Workday Community is a modern collaboration space for our customers and partners, as well as many organizations across Workday. As an engineer, you will have the opportunity to work independently and collaboratively with other team members to deliver innovative solutions for Workday Community.
We are seeking a developer to improve and enhance core functions of the Workday Community platform system. The role will work on the Drupal platform and related system packages, debugging and testing code, as well as designing and implementing improvements. The position will involve troubleshooting complex problems, new feature development, including performance issues.
About the Role
As a member of the Community Development Team your primary focus will be to:
- Design, develop, code, test, and implement software
- Leverage next generation technologies to enable a quantum leap in the customer/partner journey within the Workday ecosystem
- Drive technical discussions to arrive at maintainable, scalable, and performant technical solutions for our business use cases
- Build high-quality, robust features; own development for features of medium to large complexity
- Work in an agile development environment, coordinating with other internal and external teams to help ensure proper workflows throughout the entire app experience
- Work closely with a distributed team of developers and quality engineers on the design and implementation of features
- Write well-crafted, well-tested, readable, maintainable code
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and distribute knowledge
- Share your knowledge by giving brown bags, tech talks, and evangelizing appropriate tech and engineering best practices
- 5+ years of experience with full stack web development
- 5+ years of PHP (required), if not then Java is preferred
- 1-2 years of professional, hands-on UI development using React
- Experience with SQL and/or NoSQL database implementations (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, etc.)
- Experience with responsive UI patterns and construction
- Familiarity with Git and/or equivalent code management/version control best practices, RESTful development patterns, and agile development
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems/Technology, or related Engineering field of study
- 3+ years of Drupal development
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with LAMP stack
- Experience with Solr or Other Search technologies
- Code samples from private github repos, side projects, and open source project contributions is a plus
What Excites You
- Working in a fast paced and highly collaborative work environment with ever evolving projects.
- Bringing your knowledge and expertise to collaborate with business partners to deliver high value features to stakeholders.
- Desire to push the limits of your own development skills; explore new solutions outside of your comfort zone