Citi employs over 50,000 people in technology and prides itself on being a diverse meritocracy where talent is recognized and promoted.
Citigroup Architecture and Technology Engineering (CATE), is an organization comprising:
enterprise architecture, infrastructure engineering and design, application development engineering,emerging technology and technology vendor management.
CATE’s goal is to improve IT’s time to market and the effectiveness of our IT environment and processes. The approach is to integrate the disciplines of Architecture, Development Engineering and Infrastructure Engineering to maximize the consistency and quality of these services and to accelerate the adoption of technologies that provide competitive advantage to our businesses.
CATE CitiDeveloper is responsible for strategy, engineering and delivery of central developer tools that underpin Citi Software Development including code editors/IDEs, source code version control, ALM platforms, Build/CI, binary repositories and dependency management, code quality, vulnerability scanning and others.
Reporting to the Head of Build and Binary Repositories, which is part of the CATE CitiDeveloper Platform Engineering arm, the position is for a hands-on technical DevOps Engineer with a focus on supporting application development teams across Citi with their application builds, continuous integration and continuous delivery environments.
The CATE CitiDeveloper group is a global team that provides architectural and development support to all development groups across Citigroup as well as being involved in developing strategic enterprise shared services solutions to be used by the Investment Bank, Consumer Bank, and Corporate businesses. The Build & Binary Repositories team is responsible for the strategic technology direction/roadmap of the central application build and continuous integration tools and binary repositories for the whole organization.
- Act as key point of contact for the Enterprise Binary Repository team
- You will architect/develop/support enterprise scale systems/tools/frameworks/libraries, implement new tools and processes in CI/CD space for global use across Citi’s Technology groups
- You will provide Unix/Linux development tool subject matter expertise to the application development communities at Citi
- You will proactively identify and implement opportunities that enable the development groups to provide the best solutions to their businesses.
- You will understand technology industry trends, how they impact our future solutions and provide strategic direction for the development community
- You willevaluate and provide technical solutions to solve a variety of complex and interdependent processes and application integrations
- You will evaluate and perform POC on new strategic technical products and applications
- You will manage problems/defects with existing solutions and drive issues to resolution
• Strong demonstrable experience in system solutions design (coming from a development background)
• Experience with Binary repository tools (Artifactory, Nexus)
• Experience with CI tools (Jenkins, TeamCity) and Build tools (maven, gradle, ant, make) 1-3 years
• Experience with RESTful Webservices, SpringBoot apps, Setup Loadbalancer, nginx configuration 1-3 years
• Experience with BitBucket/GIT/SVN 1-3 years
• Be a technical subject matter expert in CI/CD processes and should have the ability to implement new tools and processes in CI/CD pipelines
• Strong understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle – including unit testing, code scanning
• Strong understanding of architectural concepts and design
• Hands-on Linux/Unix platforms development experience 3-5 years
• Working knowledge of one object oriented language (Java or Python or Groovy preferred) 3-5 years
• Familiarity with data persistence technologies both SQL (Oracle) and NoSQL (MongoDB)
• Windows Security (LDAP, Active Directory) a plus
• Knowledge on AWS products (EC2, S3) a plus
• Knowledge of cloud computing concepts and devops tools (OpenShift, Kubernetes, Docker, Chef etc.) a plus
• Strong verbal and written communication skills including social networking and blogging
• Strong interpersonal skills both in person or over the phone/video
• Ability to work independently as part of a remote team
• Ability to understand business drivers and balance business requirements, timelines, costs and best practices
• Good analytical skills, ability to contribute in design discussions and problem solving sessions
• An appetite for taking on challenges and leveraging new technologies.
- Educational Level
- Bachelor's Degree in Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Gain experience of a mature architecture process in one of the largest financial institutions in the World
- Expand and broaden understanding of a whole multitude of technologies
- Exposure to new key vendor technologies before general release
- Benefit from interaction with global development teams.
- Develop relationships with key vendors
- Part of a global development community of more than 15,000 developers.
- Career progression potential into higher technology management or architecture for the right individual