Citi employs over 50,000 people in technology and prides itself on being a diverse meritocracy where talent is recognized and promoted.
Citigroup Architecture and Technology Engineering (CATE), is an organization comprising:
enterprise architecture, infrastructure engineering and design, application development engineering,emerging technology and technology vendor management.
CATE’s goal is to improve IT’s time to market and the effectiveness of our IT environment and processes. The approach is to integrate the disciplines of Architecture, Development Engineering and Infrastructure Engineering to maximize the consistency and quality of these services and to accelerate the adoption of technologies that provide competitive advantage to our businesses.
CATE CitiDeveloper is responsible for strategy, engineering and delivery of central developer tools that underpin Citi Software Development including code editors/IDEs, source code version control, ALM platforms, Build/CI, binary repositories and dependency management, code quality, vulnerability scanning and others.
Reporting to the Head of Build and Binary Repositories, which is part of the CATE CitiDeveloper Platform Engineering arm, the position is for a hands-on technical DevOps Engineer with a focus on supporting application development teams across Citi with their application builds, continuous integration and continuous delivery environments.
The CATE CitiDeveloper group is a global team that provides architectural and development support to all development groups across Citigroup as well as being involved in developing strategic enterprise shared services solutions to be used by the Investment Bank, Consumer Bank, and Corporate businesses. The Build & Binary Repositories team is responsible for the strategic technology direction/roadmap of the central application build and continuous integration tools and binary repositories for the whole organization.
• Strong demonstrable experience in system solutions design (coming from a development background)
• Experience with Binary repository tools (Artifactory, Nexus)
• Experience with CI tools (Jenkins, TeamCity) and Build tools (maven, gradle, ant, make) 1-3 years
• Experience with RESTful Webservices, SpringBoot apps, Setup Loadbalancer, nginx configuration 1-3 years
• Experience with BitBucket/GIT/SVN 1-3 years
• Be a technical subject matter expert in CI/CD processes and should have the ability to implement new tools and processes in CI/CD pipelines
• Strong understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle – including unit testing, code scanning
• Strong understanding of architectural concepts and design
• Hands-on Linux/Unix platforms development experience 3-5 years
• Working knowledge of one object oriented language (Java or Python or Groovy preferred) 3-5 years
• Familiarity with data persistence technologies both SQL (Oracle) and NoSQL (MongoDB)
• Windows Security (LDAP, Active Directory) a plus
• Knowledge on AWS products (EC2, S3) a plus
• Knowledge of cloud computing concepts and devops tools (OpenShift, Kubernetes, Docker, Chef etc.) a plus
• Strong verbal and written communication skills including social networking and blogging
• Strong interpersonal skills both in person or over the phone/video
• Ability to work independently as part of a remote team
• Ability to understand business drivers and balance business requirements, timelines, costs and best practices
• Good analytical skills, ability to contribute in design discussions and problem solving sessions
• An appetite for taking on challenges and leveraging new technologies.