Express Scripts Canada is actively looking to hire a Senior Full Stack Developer. The successful candidate will work closely with the business to define how best to address business challenges faced by our customers and our internal operations. The Senior Full Stack Developer will clarify functional requirements and non-functional requirements and develop effective designs and implementation approaches for the delivery of business applications. The Senior Programmer Analyst will assure the quality of deliverables ensuring that developed products are fit for use, supportable and maintainable.
- Work with Information Systems and Business to evaluate user requests, clarify objectives and functional requirements for new or modified computer programs. Assist in determining feasibility, time requirements, compatibility with current system and system capabilities.
- The candidate will help define and document the business processes, data maps, and consult with end users on requirements, functionality, and solutions. He or she will help specify system designs, data, workflow, and logical processes to meet project objectives and overall business goals.
- Monitor ongoing performance of systems and develop updates or modifications according to business needs.
- Provide off-hour support with on call rotation.
- Provide assistance to team with issues needing technical expertise. Provide on-the-job training for new or existing team members.
- Code new or modified computer programs into existing systems and test program effectiveness. Evaluate error messages, modify codes and troubleshoot programming problems.
- 7-10 years of experience in Information Systems
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in agile teams.
- Highly experienced with Java back-end programming languages.
- Familiarity with spring framework with 5 years of experience. (Spring Boot knowledge will be an advantage)
- Familiarity with Angular 2+ with 2 years of experience.
- Strong customer focus, adaptable, flexible and willing to learn
- Post-secondary degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Problem solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other departments to resolve complex issues with innovative solutions
- Communicate technical information in a concise, understandable and accurate fashion to non-technical personnel
- Ability to prioritize work load and meet multiple project deadlines
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and make decisions with assistance from senior staff
- Strong oral and written facilitation and communication skills, including the ability to follow standards and methodology
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule to accommodate project deadlines