Full Stack Developer / ERP Department
Less than 5 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
This position can be located in Portland or the Bay Area.
As a Full Stack Developer on our small ERP team, you will play a critical role in creating and maintaining the systems that run our business and contribute to Penguin's success. You will write and test code, wrangle databases, APIs, and work withdepartments and individuals throughout the company to design and implement new features and improvements.
You take ownership of your work throughout the development cycle: from conception/design to implementation, testing and maintenance. You enjoy seeing the impact your work has on the business. You care passionately about designing and delivering solutions based on best practices and you enjoy seeing the impact your work has in the real world!
- Communicate with groups and departments throughout the company as needed to understand their business processes
- Create web-based software, scripts, integrations, etc.
- Work with development team on writing technical specs
- Develop and maintain integrations between our custom web applications and external services
- Provide documentation and training as needed for new features
- Work on concurrent projects
- Help troubleshoot issues
- 3 years writing software in a professional environment doing full-stack web application development
- Coding experience in at least two languages: PHP and/or python preferred
- Experience with front-end web technologies such as Bootstrap, Jquery, NodeJS, JS frameworks
- Experience designing databases and data structures
- Working knowledge of design patterns
- Experience with github or similar system for code management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to solve complex problems through research, analysis, and creativity
- Experience with testing methodologies, suites, CI tools a plus
- Knowledge of networking, linux administration, server/storage/network hardware configuration, or security protocols