About the Opportunity
DMI is searching for a confident, proven, and dynamic individual to serve as a Full Stack Developer on a highly visible program. The Full Stack Developer role is to become a subject matter expert on the Grants.gov system, develop applications related to Grants.gov that aid in the development, use, and support of the system. Outputs will include test cases, test results, and web content & word documents to be read by both technical and non-technical personnel across all stakeholders, gathering requirements, creating specifications and preparing other system documentation.
A top candidate would be very client-focused. To be a strong team player you must be proactive in identifying issues and risks, and work with the client and the team to be a trusted advisor. Another challenge is maintaining an excellent level of current operational support while planning and integrating new enhancements and technologies.
To be successful you will see this position as the lynchpin to the success of the overall federal grants management line of business. This is a very fast paced environment. With this role comes an opportunity to learn new technologies and take a position of visibility at high levels within DMI and the Grants community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the design and development of rapid prototypes using latest and emerging open source technologies to validatearchitecture patterns and functional requirements
- Develop testable code using existing service tier components and prescribed coding conventions
- Work in a dynamic environment utilizing advanced debugging skills
- Demonstrate flexibility and attention to detail, working in a collaborative team environment using emerging technologies and modern software development practices
- Under Lead Architect guidance work to define requirements, research candidatetechnologies, and support development of prototype solutions. Work with existing and emerging UI web application frameworks (Angular, React, etc.) and integration frameworks and technologies (e.g. AWS, Spring, REST, Java, etc.)
- Support full stack development by applying Agile principles, including participating in sprint planning, design sessions, development, testing and deployment
- Interact with diverse cohesive team to provide high quality client delivery. Mentor and lead junior developers to fulfill technical activities on prototypes
- Willing to travel within the DC/Metro area up to 2-3x per weekI
- Experience with Object Oriented Programming language such as Java
- Experience designing and developing REST based services
- Knowledge of web protocols
- Ability to work independently in a team environment
- Experience with or knowledge of AWS
- Experience with other programming languages (Python, GO, etc.)
- Experience with Content Management Systems (Drupal)
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases
- Experience with API gateway implementations
- Experience with being part of Agilescrum teams
- Knowledge of Human Centered Design
- Applied knowledge of architectural patterns such as microservices, SOA, MVC, etc.
Education and Years of Experience:
- Bachelor's degree.
- 3+ years of professional software engineering and software development experience
Physical Requirement(s): No Physical Requirement needed
Job ID 2018-14958