AIG is seeking full stack developers to join a world class Digital team. The full stack developers will be responsible to design, develop and implement digital applications spanning web and mobile for insurance agents, insurance brokers and insurance customers of AIG. These digital applications will integrate with AIG’s backend systems of records using web services and APIs.
This position will be located in Charlotte, NC.
The ideal candidate will play a key role in software design and development of digital applications that drive AIG’s platforms. The candidate needs to work collaboratively in a cross-functional team comprising UX team members and product managers. The candidate must be able to understand business requirements, apply design patterns and develop software in an iterative and fast-moving environment.
• Solid programming skills and understanding of software development patterns to code applications that meet design specifications and business requirements.
• Familiarity with web, mobile (responsive, hybrid and native apps) development, social plug-ins and APIs.
• Familiarity with DevOps, CI (Continuous Integration), CD (Continuous Delivery), Jira and Confluence is preferred. Agile mindset but adaptable to new tools and methodologies.
• Excellent problem-solving skills with a strong passion to get things done in a fast-paced deadline‐oriented environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Self-motivated with the ability to work independently or jointly in a self-directed way.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Analyze project requirements and design specifications to develop quality and state of art software code and applications.
• Apply best practices in software code, technical documentation and participate in production pilots and launches.
• Stay abreast of emerging digital trends, competitors and start-ups. Maintain strong enthusiasm to learn digital capabilities and art-of-the-possible.
• Create interactive prototypes to prove technology proof of concepts and participate in pilots. Translate design assets like flat mockups, design files and clickable prototypes into production-ready software code.
• Provide regular updates to management on progress of key milestones and deliverables, risks, issues and mitigation.
• Adapt quickly and positively to a constantly changing environment with tight timelines.
• Take on new responsibilities with high energy and eager attitude.
• Technical background with a B.S. in Computer Science, or related disciplines.
• Familiarity with latest open source tools and DevOps is a strong plus. Familiarity with tools such as JIRA, GitHub, Jenkins, Chef, Selenium, Artifactory, Splunk, etc,
• Familiarity with AWS (Amazon Web Services), PCF (Pivotal Cloud Foundry) and/or micro-services architecture is preferred. Familiarity with RESTful web services, micros-services & APIs is a strong plus.
• Familiarity with development in emerging areas like machine learning, conversational AI is a strong plus.
• Excellent communication, presentation, influencing and reasoning skills