CubeSmart is currently seeking a Full-Stack Application Developer to join our Information Technoloy team at our Malvern, PA headquarters. The Full-Stack Application Developer will be responsible for the development activities required to develop, enhance and manage a portfolio of IT systems in support of CubeSmart’s business.
Who we are:
At CubeSmart, we’re intentional about culture. You can experience it everywhere from our mission statement of “genuine care” to our “It’s What’s Inside That Counts” tagline to calling each other “teammates” rather than employees. This spirit fosters a fun and collaborative environment that has resulted in our rapid growth and being recognized amongst the top in our industry.
CubeSmart’s award-winning team is made up of people who genuinely care. Teammates care about our customers and the life events and/or business needs they are facing. Teammates are passionate, responsible and understanding. The CubeSmart team is made up of people who have a can-do attitude, are committed to their own success and the success of the company, and lead by example.
If this sounds like a team and culture that matches your personal values and motivations, we want to hear from you.
The role will also serve as a technical expert on all aspects of systems development and will perform enhancements, bug fixes, and all technical development on a multitude of custom-developed applications. This individual will also perform all technical duties as assigned by the team lead or program manager, including but not limited to, all code development, presentation of work in code reviews, adhering to all source code and change control processes and participate in code deployment activities.
- Collaborate with program manager and/or team lead to carry out the technical development plans required to implement system changes and enable the capabilities outlined in the business requirements
- Assist in the technical design and development of enterprise applications
- Ensure all code written is robust, secure, efficient, and meets the requirements as outlined
- Ensure that all coding activities are in alignment with the technical framework and enterprise technology plan as outline by the established architecture
- Participate in code reviews and unit testing of all completed development items for quality, performance, and successful delivery of the desired capabilities
- Responsible for adhering to the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Participate in code deployments of all assigned work through each step in the software development life cycle
- Participate in all aspects of the Agile development methodology including daily standups, sprint planning sessions, code reviews and change management review sessions
- Utilization of task management system to ensure all work is tracked in accordance with software development methodologies
- Assists with application performance testing, tuning and bug fixes
- Identification of new/emerging technologies, their impact or potential benefit to CubeSmart and assessing/presenting the impact to the technology leadership team
Education, Training and/or Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent related technical field
- 3-5 years’ experience in application development and technical project management
- Experience with all aspects of the software development life cycle and Agile software development methodologies
- Experience in API development and developing re-usable code packages that are leveraged across multiple applications
- Experience in creating software using back-end technologies in Microsoft area: C#, .NET, WCF, Entity Framework
- Experience SQL Server database including SSIS
- Experience with developing in a microservices architecture, updating web APIs using Microsoft Azure
- Knowledge of object oriented programming and design patterns
- Creating software using GIT or TFS
- Programming in Microsoft technologies (Azure, MVC, .NET Core),
- Understanding of and experience in SOA practices
- Experience with Model-View-Controller (MVC) development framework, and Microsoft Azure cloud development
- Familiarity with DevOps and CI/CD processing, using Microsoft Azure DevOps a plus
- Proven technical project management skills, preferably in a software product development environment
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to effectively convey complex information
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics
- Service orientation towards business-focused 24×7 support and service mentality.
- Collaborative individual who creates open channels of communications and encourages technical dialogue and promotes technical bench across the department.
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and projects at once, with the ability to properly prioritize one’s own work