Fuels Project Manager
5 - 7 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
The Project Manager leads Fuels projects with a well-defined scope and collaborates with 2 to 3 major stakeholders. The stakeholders typically include the client (Government), the WESTON project team and subcontractors. The Project Manager assembles the project team, and manages the project scope; schedule and budget to ensure WESTON’s commitments and financial goals are met.
The Project Manager engages stakeholders to build trust, and aligns stakeholder expectations and relationships. The Project Manager identifies PM talent among junior to mid-career professionals and encourages their development by providing deliberate, on-the-job mentoring. The Project Manager has experience managing budgets of $1.5M in net.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, plus a minimum of 6 to 8 years’ experience in managing Fuels projects, with an emphasis on Fixed Price Fuels Projects.
- Experience with DoD Fuels projects a plus.
- API 653 and or API 570 certification a plus.
- Experience with clean inspect & repair field erected steel tank experience
- Experience with Military fuel hydrant systems.
- Experience with pump, pipes & fuel distribution systems.
- Demonstrated ability to lead project teams with projects of moderate size, scope and complexity.
- Promotes relationships between WESTON team members and client representatives.
- Superior communication skills (both written and verbal) and ability to listen to internal team as well as clients to learn and understand their needs.
- Able to successfully engage with and lead a geographically dispersed team.
- Creates a positive work environment based on team connections and open communication.
- Creates personal high quality connections with clients and project team.
- Can react effectively to changing conditions, and collaborates as needed.
- Builds connections with major stakeholders to achieve project objectives.
- Develops an understanding of stakeholder organizations to ensure successful partnering.
- Engages several stakeholders in development of project quality pledge.
- Identifies team and individual strengths in order to fulfill project goals and develop new leaders.
- Resolves stakeholder and team conflicts with support from other managers.
- Proposal estimating and technical response for task order proposals
- Client engagement and identification of follow on opportunities
- Leads efforts to drive project underruns, identify project risk and risk mitigation
- Manages project teams by clearly communicating expectations for project requirements, scope, schedule and budget. Clearly communicates changes or issues up to management in a timely manner.
- Generally manages projects that are moderate in scope with multiple subcontractors and internal team members.
- Identifies project management talent on projects and encourages their development and empowerment.
- Enables team members to be successful through effective communication of goals and reinforcing goal achievement.
- Communicates with and aligns team with scope of work.
- Management and communication of project changes with the client and the project team.
- Consistently meets planned project profitability and metrics (NIBT, profit margins, DSO, etc.) on routine projects with relatively few risks.
- Uses project support team capabilities when needed.
- Manages quality and H&S.
- Strong change management and scope control
- Manages project to execute within approved budgets
- Assists with proposal efforts, including costing and profitability planning.
- Able to understand and articulate project scope based upon RFP and/or contract.
- Proactive identification of project issues and development of options for corrective action.
- Timely and accurate submittal of invoices. Monitoring and reporting of the status of accounts receivable and recommends appropriate action on overdue accounts.
- Compliance with WESTON purchasing and subcontracting requirements.
- Procures additional follow-on work of similar type from stakeholders