Fuels Engineer Permanent Position in East Chicago, Indiana:
Please send updated resume if you are interested. Thank you
Experienced Gas Distribution Engineer for large steel manufacturing plant.
- Maintains and coordinates gaseous distribution from utilities to internal plant users.
- Responsible for plant oxygen, nitrogen, hydrogen, and natural gas distribution systems.
- Responsible for the steam distribution system in the plant.
- Assures for a safe distribution system by inspection and preventive maintenance.
- Directs Union Craft and Contractors to maintain equipment.
- Performs Trouble Shooting and Failure Analysis and creates countermeasures for system reliability improvement.
- Directs craft personnel to maintain associated pipelines, metering stations, and reducing stations.
- Develops purge procedures for shutting down and start-up of systems.
- Acts as a plant advisor to revisions in plant systems for all user facilities.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Experience with high, medium and low pressure distribution systems for various gasses used in the plant. Must be safety oriented due to the volatility of the gasses transported throughout the plant.
- Able to problem solve and make decisions
- Able to perform failure analysis.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Experienced with CMMS maintenance systems
Required Experience & Education:
Mechanical Engineering or MET Degreepreferred with at least 5years' experience maintaining gas distribution systems. Willing to consider other candidates that offer more gas distributionexperience.