Fueling Systems - Manufacturing Supervisor
8 - 10 years experience • Manufacturing / Electronics
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
Responsible for supervising staff who manufacture assigned Franklin Electric products. Meets budgetary goals for efficiency, finances, safety, and scrap. This is a 2nd shift position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Leads the activities of the manufacturing team members.
• Implements and maintains safety standards as required by law and company policy.
• Manages the production schedule. Coordinates production startups, shutdowns, and changeovers.
o Manages employee performance, hiring, discipline, development, and recourse planning.
o Ensures the appropriate level of accountability for manufacturing goals and objectives.
o Plans and monitors capacity maximization.
o Monitors and takes appropriate timely improvement action to meet manufacturing quality and quantity.
o Leads continuous improvement activities for assigned functions.
o Follows up on production processes to ensure quality specifications are met and takes immediate corrective action to correct any substandard work.
o Actively participates in cross-functional teams to help achieve the department goals.
o Anticipates and determines causes in production delays and takes appropriate actions to meet daily schedules.
o Reviews reoccurring maintenance and/or repair problems with manufacturing engineering to help determine the appropriate action to correct the root cause.
o Studies the department operations to assist in the development of new or improved methods of tooling and/or production processes.
o Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
• Supervises supervisory and/or non-supervisory employee(s).
• Interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding, and disciplining employees; assisting in addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Working with Human Resources on employee issues.
Skills and Abilities:
• Knows statistical process control.
• Effectively communicates information and responds to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with customers, clients, the general public, and other employees of the organization.
• Maintains confidentiality and uses discretion with business information.
• Reads and understands documents such as policy manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Writes routine reports and correspondence.
• Adds, subtracts, multiplies, and divides numbers (using currency and other forms of measurement).
• Utilizes common-sense understanding in order to carry out written, oral, or diagrammed instructions.
• Deals with problems involving several known variables in situations of routine nature.
• Plans the time, method, manner, and/or performance sequence of own work; may also occasionally assist in planning work assignments performed by others within a limited area of operation.
• Frequently makes decisions of both minor and major importance, which may affect the work operations of other employees and/or clientele to a moderate degree.
• Completes some moderately repetitive tasks.
• Uses noncomplex machines and equipment (adding machines, calculators, copy/fax machines, etc.).
• Visually distinguishes and interprets wording and symbols from such work tools as blueprints, work instructions, books, manuals, and computer screens.
• Multitasks projects involving employee, machine, and material issues.
Education and Experience:
• Equivalent of four years of high school (required).
• Bachelor's degree in manufacturing, business administration or a related field (preferred).
• Seven to ten years of relevant experience (required). Relevant education can substitute for years of experience.
• Three years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment (preferred).
• Experience with continuous improvement, Six Sigma methodology (Green or Black Belt), and/or lean manufacturing (preferred).
• Intermediate: Alphanumeric data entry, spreadsheet.
• Basic: Word processing/typing, Internet browser.
Equal opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected veteran/Disabled
Apply to this opportunity at:https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1067441&d=ExternalCareerSite&r=5266649706#/&rb=THELADDERS