The Fuel System Engineer is responsible for fuel cell design oversight (to include qualification testing) and fuel system integration design on Bell's H-1 platform, utilizing 3/D CATIA V4, V6, and Unigraphics. Tasks include internal and external fuel cell design, aircraft fuel system integration from concept to final design, fuel system component qualification/validation, and detail part design.
- Developing fuel system requirements and architecture, including fuel containment and fuel management
- Conducting design and analysis of the fuel system and integrating the fuel system into the aircraft in coordination with interfacing systems
- Managing supplier development and qualification efforts
- System design, requirements management, systems specifications, interface management, system safety assessment, verification and validation testing, aircraft flight test, and aircraft/system qualification and certification
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering (or closely related field) is required.
- Master of Science Degree is preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant experience with fuel system development and testing is required.
- Familiarity with RTCA DO-160, MIL-STD-810, ADS-50, and military and industry standards for fuel system design
- Experience with MIL-T-27422 Testing/ Validation
- Experience with use of Unigraphics and/or CATIA (V6 preferred) for systems installation design
- Experience with creation of system specifications, requirements traceability, and verification. Preferred experience with Enovia.