Fuel Operations Manager
Salary depends on experience
Posted on 11/24/17 by Benjamin Workman
5 - 7 years experience
Salary depends on experience
Posted on 11/24/17 Benjamin Workman
Christensen, Inc. - Seattle, WA
- The Fuel Operations Manager is responsible for directing fuel operations for one location within western Washington
- Provides guidance and oversight of up to 2 junior level managers, general supervision of all phases of all fuel operations, including but not limited to: production, quality control, maintenance, receiving, shipping, route dispatching, employee engagement, and customer satisfaction.
- Additional responsibilities include managing up to 20 drivers and the overall maintenance of fuel delivery assets, as well as marketing, recruiting, screening, hiring and training personnel, and facility up-keep, as well as capital improvements.
- The Fuel Operations Manager will be responsible for annual budget planning and execution.
- They will work closely with the Production, Sales and Marketing teams to increase productivity and profitability within the operations of Christensen.
Significant Activities & Deliverables:
- Provide coaching and leadership in line with companies ‘Core Values’
- Provide leadership for the successful day-to-day operations of each site / facility.
- Work closely with quality personnel to review product consistency to determine trends and areas of improvement.
- Review established schedules for all to insure established inventory levels are met while operating at the highest efficiency possible.
- Coordinate the hiring and training of all personnel.
- Ensure compliance with DOT, DOE, EPA, FMCSA and OSHA rules and regulations at each site.
- Monitor operation expenses and research ways to reduce costs while maintaining product quality.
- Work closely with the Environmental Health and Safety Manager to ensure all members of the team are aware of safety policies to ensure a safe workplace for all employees.
- Maintain and support a superior safety and housekeeping program, including all timely communication initiatives.
- Develop and execute the fuel, propane and plant budgets.
- Analyze workforce requirements.
- Conduct performance appraisals and provide coaching and guidance to all operations employees.
- Encourage and promote operating in a continuous improvement environment.
- Remove production constraints; allocate human and equipment resources to attain all established goals.
- Remove waste and constraints from the process to improve efficiencies and enhance productivity along with continued customer service standards.
- Communicate with other management personnel to develop new product strategies.
- Work with Territory Managers and customers to address and resolve issues.
- Oversee the maintenance of all assigned vehicles and equipment.
- Monitor and approve employee’s payroll and daily hours.
- Enforce standards.
- First responder for all company and employee related incidents
Leadership and Team Reach:
- Provide role and goal clarity to team member(s) and support them in achievement of their goals.
- Understand and live our Core Values and execute all aspects of our Employee Value Proposition.
- Encourage team member career development in both industry specific and business-related education.
- Provide leadership in strengthening internal communications with staff at all levels throughout the organization; create and promote a positive and supportive work environment.
- Experience including best practices in both managerial, operational platforms and transportation logistics (Required)
- Previous experience/strong understanding of budgeting/expense management with a basic understanding of financial and accounting practices.
- Computer skills including the ability to prepare spreadsheets and use Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Power Point and/or Access) to analyze data and trends.
- Previous experience/broad understanding of safety systems and enforcement of safety rules and policies.
- Demonstrated strong leadership, team building and advanced coaching skills.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate people, assess and develop employee skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, with the ability to balance delivery, production and maintenance needs.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and listening ability.
- A strong ability to be adaptable and flexible.
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work with teams and lead decision-making processes in a team environment.
- Demonstrated strong problem solving and crisis management skills.
- Must be customer service oriented.
- Strong understanding of propane and fuel delivery operations and procedures.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of DOT, OSHA, EPA, DOE and FMCSA rules and regulations.
- Highly motivated, results oriented, driven.
- This position is a 24/7/365 commitment due to the nature of the position.
Job Type: Full-time
- Supervision: 5years
- DOT, DOE, EPA and OSHA compliance and regulations knowledge: 5years
- fuel distribution/inventory: 5years
- data and accounting analysis: 5years