The FTZ/Import Compliance Manager will lead strategy development and tactical execution of all Foreign Trade Zone activities to ensure overall compliance is met with US Customs, Border Protection and other government agencies as appropriate.
- Ensure compliance is met for all Foreign Trade Zone (FTZ) activities while supporting the global import/export trade environment, and maximizing profits.
- Manage the ongoing business relationship with the Zone Administrator to ensure receipts and shipments are accurately reported.
- Oversee completion and submission of required FTZ filings to Grantee and customs including: 214s, 3461s, 7501s, 7512s.
- Manage processes required to account for inventory balances within FTZ in relation to: Domestic, Privileged Foreign, Non-Privileged Foreign, Zone Restricted, Articles of Mixed Status; required reconciliations, and other periodic / annual regulatory findings.
- Assist in appropriate application of free trade agreements, duty preference programs, and other applicable import programs.
- Serve as the primary point of contact between Mouser and the Zone Administration and Customs Border Protection officials.
- Support the company's trade compliance program on non-FTZ activities including but not limited to:Accurate application of harmonized tariff schedule (HTS) and export control classification number (ECCN) to all products and shipments.
- Review of customer "end use" requirements relative to product classification and trade regulation.
- NAFTA management.
- Timeline processing of all import/export clearances.
- Self-testing and audit preparation of import and export transactions.
- Custom protest management.
- Trade compliance and testing resource information.
- Alignment and collaboration with all applicable Mouser departments relative to the distribution, production and transportation/logistics quality, cost and timing results for the company.
- Ongoing continuous improvement in all areas of compliance activity and supply chain engineering. Maintain and update operator and desktop manuals as needed, while providing training to staff as applicable.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's Degree in Transportation, Logistics, International Business, or Business Administration or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred. JD degree is a plus.
Previous management experience preferred
Ten plus years of experience working in related fields within an international manufacturing, freight forwarding, compliance or distribution related environment.
Planning and Organizing
Influencing and Persuading
Coaching and Developing Others
Courage of Conviction
SKILLS & CERTIFICATIONS
- Customs broker license required, or demonstrated willingness to obtain license within one year of hire date.
- In-depth knowledge of international transportation, logistics and physical distribution.
- In-depth knowledge of international trade and transactional requirements relative to applicable government regulations including: licensing permits, documentation customs, compliance, and use of foreign trade zones.
- Working knowledge of purchasing, inventory planning, statistics, mathematical and financial analysis.
- Demonstrated leadership, project management and process thinking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in teams with a collaborative interpersonal style.
- Excellent communications skills both written and oral including strong presentation and interaction skills.
- Advanced PC skills, and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Customs compliance experience in manufacturing or distribution environment within a large corporation or professional services firm is preferred.
- Strong attention to detail with exceptional analytical and problem solving abilities.
This is a summary of the primary accountabilities and requirements for this position. The company reserves the right to modify or amend accountabilities and requirements at any time at its sole discretion based on business needs. Any part of this job description is subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.