$80K — $100K *
What You Will Do
All Lowe’s associates deliver quality customer service while maintaining a store that is clean, safe, and stocked with the products our customers need. As an Installed Sales Manager, this means:
• Delivering friendly and professional, and responding quickly to customer and associate needs.
• Supporting team’s projects to ensure accurate and on time projects.
• Monitoring safe work practices and encouraging others to do the same.
The Installed Sales Manager manages the daily operation of installation sales. This associate manages team performance by observing team members on the job and providing coaching and feedback. The Installed Sales Manager also manages schedules and supports daily activities and decisions related to customers’ installation needs. To be successful, the Installed Sales Manager must maintain good relationships with installers and vendors.
Travel Requirements: This role requires regular travel during the week to assigned stores; additionally, this role may need to travel on occasion to meetings, trainings, or to support neighboring stores.
What We're Looking For
• Hourly Full Time or Part Time: Generally scheduled 39 to 40 or up to 25 hours per week, respectively; more hours may be required based on the needs of the store.
• Requires morning, afternoon and evening availability any day of the week.
• Physical ability to perform tasks that may require prolonged standing, sitting, and other activities necessary to perform job duties.
• Minimally must be able to lift 25 pounds without assistance; may lift over 25 pounds with or without assistance.
What You Need To Succeed
• 3 years of relevant experience in a retail environment, including at least 1 year supervisory experience OR 1 year Lowe's store sales floor experience.
• Reliable transportation to conduct job site visits.
• Experience with computer and web-based systems (e.g., email, web-based applications, delivery/scheduling systems, online ordering systems, training).
• 1 year of project management experience, including budget responsibility.
• Knowledge of inventory control procedures.
• 1 year of customer service experience in a home improvement setting, including communicating with customers via phone and email.
• 1 year of experience in resolving conflicts between multiple parties (e.g., contractors and customers).
• 1 year of work experience in a department containing installation categories (e.g., millwork, plumbing, flooring, cabinets).
• Knowledge of power equipment operation (e.g., forklift, lift truck, order picker).
• Knowledge of Lowe's installation services and associated software or programs.
Valid through: 12/17/2020