In this role you have opportunity to
Directly manage a collection of critical applications and /or infrastructure components. Working with Field service engineers to ensure they get back up and running so they can support our medical customers at local sites. Support multiple software packages and route to appropriate support within Philips support groups if you cannot resolve yourself in a timely fashion. Allows us to continue generating customer satisfaction within the medical industry. Ensure callers questions are resolved in a timely fashion and demonstrate their calls are very important and treated as such.
You are responsible for
- Deal with the day-to-day operation of particular IT systems and support users in their daily use of IT applications and functions.
- Analyzes the daily performance of Philips proprietary IT applications and components.
- Solves problems either by own analyses or by escalation to a 2nd line support function and track solutions.
- Acts as central point of contact for user complaints and questions as part of a helpdesk. Mostly situated in a large site, supporting the local users on various issues.
- Assists with PC software installations.
- Makes routine trend analysis and reports.
- Problem solving as 1st Tier Support Level.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent experience including certifications in a related field (Business, IT, Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in IT, Business, or Engineering
- Must have the ability to provide world-class customer service in a technical environment & provide initial response for technical support to internal field service engineers and users of defined applications.
- The ability to work with several groups of users simultaneously.
- Experienced with problem solving, innovation, and analytical skills.
- Proficient in Verbal & Written Communication and creation of documentation.
- Willingness to learn new techniques and tools through both on and off site training.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, Access, PowerPoint Project, and Visio knowledge.
- Knowledge of Windows Operating Systems (Windows 7 & 10)
- Knowledgeable in the areas of Internet connectivity, Internet protocols, and other basic networking concepts.
- Proven work experience in providing helpdesk support on general desktop as well as internet related support issues.
You are a part of
Governor Bill Haslam recently announced that Philips will be bringing about 800 new jobs to Tennessee. Philips is a global leader in health technology that makes life better for people, like you, through meaningful innovation. This position will be a part of our Global Business Services group responsible for leading operational execution, reducing complexity and increasing efficiencies as the in-house team that continuously improves performance to better support our customers. We are looking to build a new team in Nashville of passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse professionals that is powering excellence around the world for Philips to achieve our mission to improve the lives of 3B people a year by 2025. That’s where you come in.
In this role we offer you
- A career with a world-class brand committed to improving people’s lives through innovation
- Global multi-functional opportunities to advance your career
- Certification and training towards best in class skill development and specialization
- Strong leadership and mentorship from a group of seasoned professionals
- The chance to be a part of a new group that is powering excellence at Philips
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.