This position is responsible for aiding and assisting our packaging sellers to help sell, and retain FS business in their accounts. It is very important that this role will have to collaborate with FS and non FS sales leaders, sellers, marketing, and sourcing to bring the best possible FS sales options to customers where a packaging seller is the primary rep on the account. The role will be measured by successful, profitable FS growth and retention in those accounts.
The role will need to be filled by individuals who can bring a wealth of FS knowledge and expertise, both about products and Veritiv's ability to supply/support. Incumbents will bring forth Veritiv's offering with confidence and presence. While the person must be eager and skilled at winning new business, he/she does not need to be eager/skilled at building the relationships necessary to break into new accounts – those would be the purview of the primary rep.
This role will report into the local packaging sales manager, and have a dotted line to the national FS Sales Director. This will provide local direction on account planning and growth plans with packaging reps, as well as national guidence for marketing tools as well as preferred supplier initiatives. It will be very important for our specialists to work closely with both management teams to make this a success.
- Become deeply knowledgeable about Veritiv's FS offerings, capabilities, and strategies – and have the ability to communicate to our Packaging sales leaders, sellers and customers
- Assist packaging sales leaders, reps to find new FS opportunities (both existing and new accounts), or to improve profitability of existing FS business within current accounts
- Visits customers and presents FS value proposition in conjunction with Packaging reps; tailors style and approach to match packaging objectives for the account
- Be able to "project manage" the FS portion of the selling effort where the primary rep is from Packaging - back into FS organization or to FS suppliers.
- Ensure that FS opportunities in packaging accounts is maintained with appropriate dollar value to help achieve growth opportunities for that territory; work within Salesforce.com environment to document and communicate opportunities, and utilize pipeline management and CRM capabilities accordingly
- Provide feedback to FS organization from the Packaging organization on how to extend/improve FS capabilities
- Work closely with our packaging sellers to develop action plans in their pipeline reviews, and create new opportunities
- Create and deliver local presentations, communications, etc.
- Manage and report on personal metrics regarding success
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Ability to maneuver within a matrix organization, manage multiple projects, work under pressure, and adapt to sudden changes in the work environment
- Strong analytical skills required to identify most important opportunities – both growth opportunities as well as current sales at risk.
- Strong customer presence required
- Deep knowledge of majority of FS products/application area, and value in use to customers
- Knowledge of FS supply base and strong relationships with core suppliers
- Proficient PC skills required
- BA/BS degree required
- 5+ years of selling or "sales like" experience required