The best way to describe internal tools here at Shipt is that our engineering teams, internal operations, logistics, and customer service live their lives in the tools we build. We believe that the only way they can provide the best experience to our members, shoppers, and partners is for us to first provide that level of excellence to them and that is our charter. We are keenly focused on all areas of the business looking for ways to make them faster, more efficient and delighted to come to work to sit down in front of the tools we build. If you’ve always wanted to see how the software you build impacts the people who use it, this is the place to be. You’ll be working in one of the 3 buildings of all the people that use it, so expect lots of “thank you’s” and “you’re awesome’s”.
Here are some of the technologies we use.
- Backend: Node.js, NestJS, GraphQL and some Ruby
- Infrastructure: Amazon Web Services Stack (EC2, ELB, RDS, Route53, Cloudfront, SQS, Dynamo, IAM), nginx web gateway
- Work closely with our team to build and maintain our frontend React component library used by our team and other teams throughout the company.
- Iterate on our micro-frontend platform that we use for building the internal tooling for all backend company operations and using your innovative brain and experience, bring ideas to the table on how to make it better.
- Work with the individual business units across the company and guide them using our vision for efficient, consistent internal tooling.
- Contribute to efforts and software design discussions on how to best factor core business logic from our monolithic internal admin application into efficient, consistent and pleasing user experiences for our team members here at Shipt.
- 3+ years of frontend web development work experience.
- Understand the principles of API design including REST.
- Understand and have experience using encryption, hashing and security best practices.
- Understand common security flaws like SQL injection and XSS vulnerabilities.
- A solid foundation with functional and object-oriented paradigms.
- A solid foundation in working in a frontend or full-stack software engineering role focused on performance, code reuse readability and maintainability, user experience and fidelity.
- A solid foundation of object-oriented software design and architecture, why it’s important and how to apply it.
Nice to Haves
- You are good at communicating complex ideas and concepts simply and concisely.
- You embrace challenges and love learning new things.
- You want to play a part in having massively impactful change on how a business operates.