We lead the leaders. Ladders' community of 10 mm leading professionals come to us to be inspired, grow in their careers, and get ahead in their professional lives. We focus on the $100K+ job market, representing 25% of all jobs and about 50% of income in the US & Canada. We build data-driven tools, marketplaces, news and entertainment products for our growing audience, and the companies, recruiters, and advertisers that want to reach them.
We work best with people who enjoy using their talents, commitment and hard work to achieve great successes for millions of real life users through products that impact their actual lives. We are deeply technology-driven -- about half the company are engineers, technical product people or product designers -- but we never build technology for technology's sake. We're always trying to connect our efforts to the good it can do it people's lives.
We are seeking Front-end Software Engineers. We have an engineering-team-driven organization where teams are made up of very smart and talented software engineers, plus marketing, product, design/UX and data science professionals. You'll work within a small, agile team of smart people while solving problems from beginning to end -- from product conceptualizations to engineering implementations.
Responsibilities of the Front End Engineer:
- Build our next generation member site in ReactJS
- Perform regular maintenance and updates on existing websites
- Conduct cross-browser and cross-platform testing and debugging
- Work collaboratively with design & development teams on a daily basis
- Create and updateinternal documentation
- Update blog websites to adhere to style guidelines provided by the design team
- Write unit tests for automated regression testing
Basic Qualifications of the Senior Front End Engineer:
- 1-5years of and creating web apps that are consistent across all major browsers
- Experience with building highly optimized responsive websites
- Ability to code detailed, functional pages from mock-ups in collaboration with web designers
- Experience with Git and GitHub
Preferred Qualifications (Nice to have, but not required):
- On the edge of front-end technology and methodology (CSS3, media queries, mobile-first design, progressive enhancement, web standards, best practices and writing clean, semantic code etc)
- A general understanding of SEO and what factors affect search rankings
- Experience in writing unit tests in Selenium, Jest or similar automated testing platforms
- Experience with WordPress
We've been helping professionals, employers, and recruiters thrive since 2003 and are based on the 51st floor of New York's largest office building, with gorgeous views of New York Harbor and World Trade Center.