About the Role
We're the Customer Identity Platform (CIP). Our team's mission is to create a unified and secure Uber identity that enables Uber products and partners to grow efficiently and at scale.
We own signup and login, account management, and 3rd party authentication, which are one of the most visited (>100k requests/sec) experiences across the entire Uber ecosystem. As a web software engineer, your work would be leveraged by the entire Uber ecosystem (Rider, Driver, Eats, Freight, Elevate, U4B etc.) as well as third party applications (e.g. Alipay, McDonalds etc).
What you'll do:
- Help us revamp the signup and login experience that powers all Uber mobile & web properties (50+ surfaces).
- Design and implement customer facing product features across web applications that have a direct impact on our business growth and customer experience across login, signup and account management.
What the Candidate Will Need / Bonus Points
- You have at least 2 years of professional experience
- You are knowledgeable in modern web frameworks (React, Angular, Vue, etc)
- You have experience working cross functionally with product, data, design, and engineering to build products from initial conception to testing and rollout.
- You have Web/Visual Design, UI/UX, and other relevant HCI experience
- You have experience in optimizing for low bandwidth and low latency scenarios
- You are knowledgeable in modern web tools (npm/Yarn, Babel, Webpack/Rollup, etc.)
- You have experience in web security / authentication.
- You are knowledgeable in core and emerging web technologies and APIs (HTTP2, TCP/IP, CSS/HTML, Browser JS APIs).