Custom Ink is the leader in online custom apparel for groups and communities. Selling customized products online and producing them at scale presents interesting challenges beyond those of traditional e-commerce. We are looking for frontend engineers interested in these challenges and passionate about delivering a WOW! experience to our millions of customers and fellow Inkers around the world.
How You’ll Make a Difference
You will develop features for applications like the Custom Ink Design Lab where over a hundred thousand daily users design custom apparel for people they care about. Our customers and Inkers expect a high-performance experience on both mobile and desktop devices. You will be part of building those features from design through production deployment.
We strive to provide intuitive experiences to our customers. You will work closely with product managers, UX designers, and your fellow engineers to bring the product vision to life. A/B testing is an important part of our development process and you will collaborate with analysts to instrument and measure the impact of features you build.
Frontend technologies are changing fast. You will help evaluate and integrate technologies that keep you and your fellow engineers productive and happy.
Our applications leverage a growing family of APIs. You will be encouraged to understand and contribute to them so that you can help guide their evolution.
We each bring experience, perspective, and personality to the team. These serve us best when we work well as a team. This means communicating well, working with integrity and kindness, and staying curious.
Measures of Success:
- You build quality software that is well-designed, maintainable, and with low defect rates
- You complete your work in a timely manner, identifying gaps in project requirements and raising concerns with proposed solutions
- You contribute to our culture, helping evolve our software practices by participating in (or leading) design sessions, code reviews, retrospectives, and team discussions
- You demonstrate ownership of our software by resolving defects (yours or your team’s), keeping gems/modules/frameworks up to date, and supporting the team during production issues
- You desire to grow as a professional, be that developing new skills or taking on new responsibilities
What We Look For:
- Work experience designing, developing, and maintaining high performance experiences in mobile and desktop browsers
- Experience with server-side languages like Ruby or Node and cloud platforms like AWS is a plus
- Background in Computer Science or Computer Information Systems preferred
- Deep commitment to test driven development with examples of how you've incorporated it into recent projects
- Demonstrated interest in the evolution of web technologies that could be applied to improving the Custom Ink Web experience
- React, Redux, Vue
- Rails, Express
- MySQL, Redis
- Linux, Docker
- Git, Github
About Custom Ink
Custom Ink, the leader in custom apparel for groups and communities, is all about bringing people together. That's what inspires our innovative online platform, world-class customer support, and award-winning work environment. With over 1,600 Inkers, we are passionate about the success and well-being of our team and have earned frequent recognition as a top workplace from such organizations as Fortune Magazine and The Washington Post. Our customers are counting on us to come through for them, and that’s important to all Inkers - no matter what role they’re in.