Description - External
SAIC is seeking a Frontend Software Developer
to join our team in Huntsville, Alabama. This position would sit onsite at Redstone Arsenal. Program Overview
The Network, System Integration and Test Environment (NSITE) is a Government owned, managed, and developed software suite. NSITE is used by the Missile Defense Agency (MDA), Joint Services, and numerous labs in support of continued testing of systems employed for defense of the United States and our Allies. The NSITE software provides data collection, situational awareness, and analysis capabilities to a wide range of users who benefit from NSITE's ability to act as an independent third-party truth teller. The NSITE team has in-depth experience in Tactical Data Links (TDL), Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS) Test, Enterprise Information Technology, Software and Systems Engineering and Information Assurance. Duties and Responsibilities:
Qualifications Education and Experience
- Responsible for designing, developing, deploying, and maintaining the NSITE software application suite.
- Work on a small agile development team where success is defined by the ability to understand your path forward, effectively communicate that path, and complete the task inherent to that path in a timely matter.
- Research advancements in computer science and related fields to help steer the product toward long term success.
- Communicate with leadership and the customer to ensure a common understanding of requirements.
- Document your work for the benefit of your teammates, the user, leadership, and posterity.
- Identify and solve challenging problems by writing performant, clean, and practical code.
Bachelors degree and five (5) years or more of experience; Masters and three (3) years of more of experience; PhD and zero (0) years of experience; four (4) years of experience accepted in lieu of degree. Required Qualifications
- Proficient in C#, and in the Microsoft .NET 4.7 Framework.
- Ability to build an intuitive User Interface (UI).
- Knowledge of modern software engineering practices, including Agile methodologies.
- Ability to analyze a requirement, generate a design, and produce efficient, robust, and testable software.
- Mastery of computer science fundamentals, independent of a specific language.
- Familiarity with WPF based control sets such as DevExpress, Telerik, or Infragistics
- Understanding of and experience with secure programming techniques.
- Knowledge of tactical and simulation data links (specifically Link 16, JREAP, DIS, VMF, CMF and XML).
- Experience working with Microsoft Visual Studio 2017/2019.
- Experience with using Git version control, Bitbucket, JIRA, and Jenkins as software management tools.
- Experience with InstallAware.
Must have an Interim Secret clearance to start with the ability to obtain and maintain a full Secret clearance.