We’re seeking a Frontend Engineer to aid us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through advanced computational methods!
Schrödinger is on the cutting edge of computer-aided drug discovery and materials science. We set the record for the world’s largest and fastest cloud computing run, and our software suites continue to revolutionize the design of novel therapeutics and materials. FEP+, Glide, Maestro, WaterMap, and LiveDesign are just a few examples of the programs we’ve created.
As a member of the LiveDesign team, you’ll join a group of passionate engineers, entrepreneurs, scientists, and tinkerers in their efforts to develop a rich web application that allows scientists to leverage the power of physics-based simulations through all stages of the drug discovery process. Using your love of web development and eye for coding quality, you will play an essential role in virtual experimentation on massive compute grids and the analysis of the resulting data.
Who will love this job:
- A proficient integrator of RESTful web services
- A source controller (i.e., Git, SVN) who has experience with asynchronous and event driven programming on a real project
- A computer scientist with an interest in chemistry, physics, or biology
- An excellent verbal and written communicator with great interpersonal skills
- An independent time manager who’s enthusiastic about learning new methods to solve challenging problems
What you’ll do:
- Work with product designers, touch the full technology stack, and use your own judgement to fill in gaps as you deliver features and functionality to meet business and product goals
- Collaborate with other frontend engineers to architect solutions
- Work with a cross-functional agile team of geographically disparate members
- Design and build usable interfaces that scale
- Implement features using appropriate software design patterns and best practices
- Participate in code reviews
- Implement integration tests and unit tests to drive development
- Demonstrate shippable quality code to achieve story acceptance
What you’ll need:
- At least four years of web development experience
- An ability to write well-abstracted, reusable code for UI components
- Familiarity with Python / Web Services is a plus