$80K — $100K *
Do you enjoy sporting events? Did you know Amazon Video has been offering Live content to our customers since the end of 2015, and in 2017 we launched NFL Thursday Night Football to Prime Video customers globally? Are you interested in building consumer-grade products that are delightful to use? Vision tech? Recommendation systems? How about large-scale services to detect and remediate anomalies? Interested in a ground-floor opportunity? Well…we are going BIG into Live; we have a long-term vision and an aggressive roadmap to make more content available to our customer globally.
We are building out a brand-new team focused on global live operations across different sports, live linear content (think TV) and other live events. We will be responsible for empowering the operations team, and then event operators themselves, with everything they need to uphold and raise the end-customer bar from pre-event planning, during event exception troubleshooting and resolution, and post-event wrap up.
As a member of the Prime Video team, you will spend your time as a hands-on engineer and a technical leader. You will play a key role in building software products and features from the ground up. You will use a wide range of technologies, programming languages and systems. Your responsibilities will include all aspects of software development. You will be given the freedom and inspiration to explore your own ideas and the reward of seeing your contributions benefit all of Amazon.com customers worldwide.
We're looking for someone with unparalleled knowledge in current web development technologies who can thrive in a heterogeneous environment of different languages and technologies. You will work closely with some of the smartest people in the industry to deliver positive customer experience. The systems are complex and there are huge opportunities to work at all levels from the front-end user experience, to a set of robust platform services.
If you are ready to truly make an impact on a product used around the world, including your own friends and family, then we would love to talk to you.
· Experience with object-oriented design
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
· 2+ years of product development experience in consumer-focused companies.
· Experience with service-oriented architecture and web application/services development, that have been successfully delivered to customers.
· Deep experience developing in React, Node, Typescript with demonstrable capabilities successfully delivered to customers.
· Experience influencing software engineers’ best practices within your team.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Valid through: 9/30/2020
$80K — $100K
5 days ago
$120K — $140K + $10K bonus + benefits, potential bonus, possible relo assist