t is the primary responsibility of the Front Services Manager to oversee the daily operations of all Bell Desk related areas to ensure that standards and strategic objectives are being upheld. The Front Services Manager will also manage the Front Desk daily operations. This role will also play a vital role in guest satisfaction, revenue management, and team engagement.
All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental, property, and corporate policies, practices, and procedures.
- Manages the Front Services functions and provides direction to the employees, and guests of Circus Circus.
- Conducts periodic inspection of valet-designated parking, guest and employee parking, shuttle and tour bus area, as well as taxi stops.
- Assist with the operational functions within the department(s) consistent with the strategic plan and vision for the department(s), the division and the property.
- Assist with monitoring fiscal budget, operations of assigned department(s) and marketing strategies to produce both short-term and long-term profitability.
- Assist with managing the delivery and measurement of guest service within assigned department(s) consistent with the company’s core service standards and brand attributes.
- Provide input into the research, development, evaluation and implementation of new products, services, technology and processes to ensure the property’s competitive position and in anticipation of changing customer needs within the dynamic hospitality and gaming environment.
- Create a work environment which promotes teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect and employee satisfaction; quality hiring, training and succession planning processes that encompass the company’s diversity commitment; compliance with company policies, legal requirements and collective bargaining agreements.
- Monitor Daily Count to ensure the appropriate number of clean rooms are available for check-ins, remaining inventory, and appropriate planning based on arrivals/departures.
- Ensure guest complaint resolution procedures are implemented within the view of the properties philosophy and service.
- Complete and review employee work schedules and work closely with Front Desk management to balance employee needs with work demands.
- Respond to notification of unusual events or circumstances requiring mid-level management attention.
- Inform the Director of Front Office of situations which require attention.
- Assist the Director of Front Office with any tasks assigned.
- Respond to emergency situations accordingly. Additionally, respond to any Security related accidents or evictions.
- Perform all duties as deemed necessary for the success of the department(s).
- Coordinate hotel related projects with Housekeeping and Engineering to ensure rooms are placed out of service for labor to be completed.
- Maintain guest arrival/departure lines and the overall appearance of the lobby in order to provide a proper welcome statement to guests.
- Conduct hiring functions such as scheduling and conducting interviews, issuing job offers, and scheduling Property orientation.
- Work with the Training department to ensure all service and regulatory related courses are completed in Insider Education and that all staff are fully compliant
- Keep all public areas (casino, guest rooms, front areas) at exemplary presentation.
- Assist with Bell Desk and Valet related concerns as needed.
- Manage the Front Desk operations through manual processes as needed during any system downtimes.
- Issue discipline and follow up with coaching.
- Provide incentives to reach monthly goals.
- Engage, entertain and inspire all who visit a MGM Resorts International Resort.
- Perform all other job related duties as requested.
- At least 5 years of supervisory experience at a major hotel/resort complex.
- At least 3 years of guest service experience at a major hotel/resort complex.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Bachelor degree in Hotel Management or related field.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.